PDA

View Full Version : user accounts

holalester
2008-06-11, 18:44
hi
this may be an old issue for some, but it's new to me, at least with this 1.5 version and my configuration.
i installed spybot 1.5 yesterday in my "owner" admin. account, after a factory restore and it runs beautifully as expected etc., but when i open the guest account, which is the only one i let others use, it doesn't seem to be there or running at all (task mgr, processes).
this is a VERY restricted account i know, but it's the only one that's safer from registry changes and unwanted programs intallation (been there, done that) and actually, it's the account i use all day, everyday, unless i have to deal with any admin. issue, then i log off, log on or switch users.
do i need to install s&d on that account too? ( i don't know if i can, being so restrictive), will it conflict with the other installation in owner account? or, can i bridge the program to all accounts and how?
any help will be greatly appreciated,
lester

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-11, 18:57
holalester:

... but when i open the guest account, which is the only one i let others use, it doesn't seem to be there or running at all. (task mgr, processes) ...
What is the "it" in "... it doesn't seem to be there ..."?

If the "it" is TeaTimer, than TeaTimer must be activated individually for each user because the startup entry is added to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive of the user activating TeaTimer. To activate TeaTimer for a user:
While logged on to the user account, go into Spybot » Mode » Advanced Mode (answer "Yes" to the warning if necessary) » Tools » Resident.
Check the following:Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.