PDA

View Full Version : some ie7 pages continually load

beversoll
2008-06-12, 00:03
I am new to Spybot s&d so I am not familiar with the program. Since installing spybot s&d some ie7 pages continually load. If I am reading a news article on yahoo my phishing filter continually runs, I have the green bar at the bottom of the screen (loading) and the icon in internet page looks like it is loading. This did not occur before spybot s&d. If this is normal, or there is not a solution no big deal. Small price to pay for the added security. Thanks

Dell Inspiron 531
Vista Business SP1
Trend Micro PC-Cillin firewall and AV
Windows Defender
Spybot S&D (immunized, but not running teatimer).

drragostea
2008-06-12, 02:47
I don't understand what your title meant. What I would like to know is how IE7 pages continue to load is relevant to IE7's phishing filter?

You can disable the phishing by going to TOOLS in the tabs. The tabs are where FILE is.

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-12, 06:58
Beversoll:

The problem may because caused by Spybot's "SDHelper" blocking access to advertisement URLs. Try the following:

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration" > then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" there are three options:

Block all pages silently
Display dialog when blocking
Ask for blocking confirmation
Select "Ask for blocking confirmation" and click "OK".

Exit Internet Explorer and restart it.

When you encounter a URL that would ordinarily just be blocked in "Block all pages silently" mode, Spybot's "SDHelper" will issue a "Spybot-S&D Bad URL Blocker" dialog. The dialog allows you to either "Allow" or "Deny" the access and also allows you to select among the following options:
Ask me again next time
Remember for this session
Always react this way
Try accessing one of the pages that seems as if it never completes loading. If you encounter a "Spybot-S&D Bad URL Blocker" dialog while accessing that page, select "Always react this way" and then "Allow" the access. See if the page finishes loading.