PDA

View Full Version : Immunize

tiger2
2008-06-12, 16:14
If I am not mistaken, when I installed the SpyBot 152, I did the Immunize.
However, I happened to look in the Immunize area today and notice there were some items that were not Immunized.
Is that possible?
Why would some items show as not immunized now, when, "I believe", I did the Immunize when I first installed and updated the SpyBot? Or, possibly, I did not do the Immunize when I first installed the SpyBot.
Do I have to do an Immunize (again) after each download of updates? Or is the Immunize only needed to be done once (and not after every download of updates)?
Thanks.

(I installed following an installation guide and it mentioned Immunizing when first installed, but it did not mention (I do not think) that Immunize had to be done again.)

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-12, 16:29
tiger2:

... Do I have to do an Immunize (again) after each download of updates? Or is the Immunize only needed to be done once (and not after every download of updates)? ...
You should go into Spybot » Immunize after each update because items are added to the immunization facility on a majority of updates.

When you go into the Immunize faculty the information on your system is checked against the current update. If there are Unprotected items, click on the "Immunize" button at the top of the right hand pane.

drragostea
2008-06-12, 23:45
I would suggest you immunize following every Spybot-SD detection update.

The latest update would be on June 11, 2008.

If you cannot immunize:
~Do you happen to be running ZoneAlarm firewall or Webroot's SpySweeper?

Have you attempted to Undo the Immunization and Immunize again?

tiger2
2008-06-13, 01:28
I am able to immunize.
I just wanted to know if doing an immunize after each download/update was recommended.
I will now check the Immunize after each download.

Thank you all.

drragostea
2008-06-13, 03:01
...today and notice there were some items that were not Immunized.

Why would some items show as not immunized now, when, "I believe", I did the Immunize when I first installed and updated the SpyBot?

Glad to be of help tiger2.

However, you did mention that you could not immunize, thus I provided suggestions.