PDA

View Full Version : teatimer no remember

eagle01
2008-06-13, 08:56
After I installed the newer version of spybot, 1.5.2, there is no "remember" button when teatimer pops up asking whether to accept or deny. I want it to remember my decisions, but can not find a way to do that. The only buttons now are accept or deny.

drragostea
2008-06-13, 23:16
What is your OS?

Can you give some examples of the prompts that TeaTimer warns you with?

eagle01
2008-06-13, 23:33
My operating system is windows 98se -- when the teatimer window pops up there are two buttons: 1 is Deny on the right - 1 is Allow on the left, but it's greyed out.

Between these buttons there is a small window with an arrow at the right, but the arrow apparently doesn't work - I've tried a few times. I thought maybe that's where "remember" was hiding.

Below the little window there is a box with a check mark in it - that's greyed out, as is the words "ignore parameters" that is immediately to the left of the check mark.

Hope this is what you're asking.

drragostea
2008-06-13, 23:59
Not quite there ; ).

Hrm. Would it be too much for you to send a screenshot of the image?

I've never encountered the problem of seeing "Ignore Parameters".
So when you have a prompt there's only DENY and ALLOW? No REMEMBER DECISION?
--
Open Spybot-SD. Go to HELP>ABOUT. I would like to know the full version of Spybot. On my aunt's Windows ME, Spybot (latest) had no problems.

Also, what were some examples of the prompts?

eagle01
2008-06-14, 00:15
I'd be glad to send an image, but you'll have to tell me how to do it. I'll also need to know how to get it here, or to you.

eagle01
2008-06-14, 00:22
Oops - forgot the rest of what you asked.

Correct - there's only DENY and ALLOW (but ALLOW is greyed out). There is No REMEMBER DECISION.

The full version of Spybot is 1.5.2.20

drragostea
2008-06-14, 00:43
Alright, I got some research with me :laugh:.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Print_screen

The main idea is to:

Press the PrintScreen Button (PRTSCN) on your keyboard. Then open PAINT (in Accessories).

Press CTRL+V to paste the image. Then save it as a JPEG image. That format will give a decent image and will also be a small file.

You can attach it. If not zip the file.

eagle01
2008-06-14, 19:02
Okay - here it is. It wouldn't save in any of the right formats (jpeg isn't on the list of files that can be attached), so it's attached in a zip file.

<glad you had your research with you> I knew how to do a print screen, but only how to paste it into a Word document. So........ I learned something new! (and that's always a good thing)

drragostea
2008-06-14, 19:22
eagle, I think you are confusing this prompt from Spybot's TeaTimer.

This prompt is not made by TeaTimer, however it was made from SDHELPER, Spybot's Real-Time Protection IE (Internet Explorer).

Are you attempting to access Yahoo! Mail?
---

The problem may because caused by Spybot's "SDHelper" blocking access to advertisement URLs. Try the following:

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration" > then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" there are three options:

Block all pages silently
Display dialog when blocking
Ask for blocking confirmation
Select "Ask for blocking confirmation" and click "OK".

Exit Internet Explorer and restart it.

When you encounter a URL that would ordinarily just be blocked in "Block all pages silently" mode, Spybot's "SDHelper" will issue a "Spybot-S&D Bad URL Blocker" dialog. The dialog allows you to either "Allow" or "Deny" the access and also allows you to select among the following options:
Ask me again next time
Remember for this session
Always react this way
Try accessing one of the pages that seems as if it never completes loading. If you encounter a "Spybot-S&D Bad URL Blocker" dialog while accessing that page, select "Always react this way" and then "Allow" the access. See if the page finishes loading.

What is SDHELPER set to? Block all malicious objects silently? Or ask for confirmation?

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-14, 21:46
eagle01:

Both the title of your thread as well as your first post are extremely misleading:

teatimer no remember

After I installed the newer version of spybot, 1.5.2, there is no "remember" button when teatimer pops up asking whether to accept or deny. I want it to remember my decisions, but can not find a way to do that. The only buttons now are accept or deny.
The message that you are getting is not being issued from TeaTimer but from Spybot's resident SDHelper Browser Helper Object (BHO) that is used with Internet Explorer.

Therefore there is no "Remember this decision" button as there is with TeaTimer's dialogs.

To invoke a similar feature, go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration" > then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" there are three options:
options:
Block all pages silently
Change the selected option from "Display dialog when blocking" to "Ask for blocking confirmation" and then click "OK".
When you encounter a URL that is just being blocked in "Display dialog when blocking" mode, Spybot will issue a "Spybot-S&D Bad URL Blocker" dialog that allows you to either "Allow" or "Deny" the access and also to select among the following options:
Ask me again next time
Remember for this session
Always react this way

On the other hand if you are not interested in making desisions for blocking URLs and want Spybot to handle without notification:

Go into Internet Explorer » Tools » select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration". Then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" you can select among:
Block all pages silently
Select "Block all pages silently".