PDA

View Full Version : [Issue 062] problem with immunization

mushroomdude
2006-03-12, 23:53
I did the immunization, and then I did the check again just to make sure, and it came up with some more. It said the previously immunized total was less than what it had said before. So I immunized again, and it came up with the same result. It keeps happening. I am using Win2000. WHAT DO I DO?:confused:

spybotsandra
2006-03-13, 09:25
Hello,

This is a little bug in Spybot - Search & Destroy. The programm tries to immunize other accounts.
Probably, you do not have the rights to immunize because you are running Spybot-S&D as a normal user and not as admin.
As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.
We are about to locate this bug and fix it.
The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade.
We hope that it will be available soon.

Some more information is availible in our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-13, 14:00
mushroomdude:

As Spybotsandra (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=5) indicated, there is a bug in immunization counting that indicates that six (6) or twelve (12) are not being immunized. However, that usually occurs in Windows 9x or ME systems.

Go into Spybot > Help > about. What version of Spybot are you running and what is the date of the Latest detection update?

Go into Spybot > Immunize. What are the xxxx and yyyy values in the following message:
Warning
xxxx bad products already blocked, yyyy additional protections possible. Please immunize.
OK
Are you immunizing from an Administrator, Power User or regular User account?

Although malware can prevent full immunization, there are certain anti-spyware products and cookie management tools that also prevent full immunization with Spybot. For example Webroot's Spy Sweeper prevents full immunization of restricted zone entries and Kookaburra Software's Cookie Pal prevents adding cookie blocking. Please list any anti-spyware and Internet Explorer tools that you use.