PDA

View Full Version : Teatimer graphic error still present

nan0guy
2008-06-15, 05:27
I have read the FAQ and the indication that the teatimer graphic bug was fixed with SpybotS&D 1.5, but I have to disagree. I am using 1.5.2, and the error is still there.

Attached is the screenshot of the error popping up on my machine.

For reference, running WinXP Pro x64 SP2.

Thanks for any advice - as others have mentioned, this bug makes it very hard to get users of installed machines to use good security. they can't read the buttons, so can't make be relied on to make a good decision.

Thanks,

Nan0guy

Zenobia
2008-06-15, 05:58
If you go to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy,is Teatimer visible there?If so,could you rightclick Teatimer,select Properties,and let me know what version number Teatimer is?I think that info is available on the Details tab.

Greyfox
2008-06-16, 11:19
nan0guy,

You do have to unhide protected operating system files to make Teatimer visable, then you can get the version in the manner given by Zenobia.

The Teatimer version can also be accessed by right clicking on the Teatimer icon in the task bar, and then selecting About. Both methods should show that the version is 1.5.2.16.

I wonder whether the x64 has anything to do with this abnormality, because the dialogue does present correctly on both XP-Home and XP-Pro x32, both with SP2 and SP3 service packs.

Terminator
2008-06-16, 18:20
I'm using Vista Home Premiium SP1 and I have no Tea Timer Problems at all:).