PDA

View Full Version : Help! Black screen

ahonzik
2008-06-16, 22:40
I ended with some viruses on my computer, such at AntiSpyCheck, a few days ago. I ran Spybot Search and Destroy as well as AdAware and was able to find a bunch of suspicious files to quarentine and delete. I thought my problem was fixed, but then when my computer screen would turn black (but with a black light, and showing power was still on with the lights by my touch screen on a Toshiba Satellite) while I tried to run a virus scan again. I can't run a complete scan on any program or do a disc clean up, even on safe mode, without the screen going black part of the way through. I noticed that it usually occurs at about the same time. At this point, the screen just goes black at completely random times now. I tried to do a system restore, but it blacks out during that as well. I am not sure if I have a virus still that is coming up undetected, or if one of the viruses I had damaged something in my computer. How can I go about fixing this?

tashi
2008-06-17, 01:22
Hello.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Skip the Spybot-S&D scan for now, and please do not try to perform a system restore again.

If you can provide a HJT log, start a new topic and copy paste the log into that one. As helpers look for threads without a response, this topic will then be closed.

Cheers.