PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Latest version

auz-brian
2008-06-17, 01:40
I have been using version 1.4 for many years and found it has solved 95% of all my problems.

On my new Vista system I loaded the latest version 1.5.2.20 and ended up with more problems. A scan of the new Vista system found around 300 infections mostly in the registry. (all associated with Vundo, Hijacks and Redirects).

Now when I re-boot Spybot asks if I want to allow the changes for EVERY single registry change. Do you realize how long it can take to go through 300 registry change permisions. I don't have the time so Spybot gets SHUTDOWN.

This so called improvement is a backwards step from v1.4. Where I made my decision to delete when it originally found the registry infection, why I have to go through EACH change AGAIN after a reboot is beyond me.

I am currently trying to find my original 1.4 download and check if it will work on Vista. If so I'll DUMP the new version and install 1.4.

Can anyone advise me if 1.4 will work on Vista if not I'll have to find another product. Which is a shame because Spybot has always been one of the best programs available that is untill v1.5.2.20 was released.

drragostea
2008-06-17, 02:42
Was Spybot-SD successful in removing the changes?

You know, a simple way to avoid the surge of TeaTimer prompts is to disable it during the fix and reboot. You can re-enable afterwards.

I do not see how downgrading to v.1.4 will resolve your problem.

To disable TeaTimer go to ADVANCED MODE>TOOLS>RESIDENT>TeaTimer (Protection of overall system settings).