PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 1.5 and Firefox.

caterwaul
2008-06-17, 02:42
I have installed SpyBot v. 1.5.2. It installed without any problems. I had removed the previous version prior to installing the upgrade. SpyBot v 1.5.2 worked without any problems but it has caused issues other than the Spybot program.

Basically the problem is that SpyBot seems to be blocking a cookie I need to have for my startup page if I use immunization for Firefox.

If I turn immunization off for cookies then I have no problems with Firefox but if I have cookies immunized with SpyBot then I cannot set Firefox to "allow" the cookie. I set the cookie to "allow" and I see the new setting but it does not hold. Next time I check Firefox it is "blocked" again.

I have set all cookies related to this page to be ignored on a scan but this doesn't help apparently as far as immunization is concerned.

The second problem I have is that if I immunize everything for Firefox in SpyBot it causes me to be unable to effectively access the Tool for the options to set cookie exceptions in the first place. In fact I can't access links of any kind in Firefox without an error saying "Unrecognized Script". I then have to either "ignore" and not access what I want or click on the "continue" button which then will usually eventually bring up what I want but with considerable delay. And of course if I do not immunize Firefox then this what I would call more of an "annoyance" does not occur at all.

But as I said even when I access the cookie settings in Firefox they do not hold with cookies immunized for Firefox.

Clearly it is an issue with the immunization of Firefox in my case considering that if I don't immunize Firefox at all then there is no problem using Firefox functions as far as their working properly and my startup page works with no problem as well.

If using SpyBot 1.5.2 in order to immunize Firefox means that functions in Firefox do not work properly when Firefox IS immunized then it basically defeats my purpose to use version 1.5.2.

Please advise, thanks

drragostea
2008-06-17, 03:24
caterwual, you have created a duplicate post. Please do not do that. Doing so will not increase response time. I gave a response in your previous thread.
--
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=29546
--