PDA

View Full Version : Can't install a thing... admin privileges gone?

Lyorna
2008-06-18, 10:47
Hi! This is my first time here but my best friend adviced me to give the pc a last chance before formatting it, which I loved since I should backup around 120 gigas...

Anyway, thing a while ago many of the programs I use began to fail for example the bs player would begin to jump after half an hour running or the winamp would skip the first two or three seconds of every song only to play them after it, before the next one. Also firefox keeps on refreshing the webpages every darn second if there's an image in it such as flickr or google images or I'm just looking at a .jpg file with it. I thought I might have some spyware or such, so I tried to run ccleaner, but after I double clicked it (either the direct access or the exe file) it wouldn't react, just as if I wouldn't have done anything at all. It worried me so I tried to run my antivirus (nod32) but it reacted the exact same way as it did with the ccleaner before. Even more worried, I tried reinstalling both prorgrammes but they said I couldn't do that because there was a previous version installed, so I uninstalled them and downloaded the latest versions and tried again... this time it said that it couldn't write the folder 'insert folder created by the antivirus while installing here' because I didn't have permission to do that. It was quite weired since I was logged in with the admin session... actually that's the only session I can log in to because even though I've got other two users in the computer there is no way to log in to them... I mean when I first turn the pc on and it enters windows there are no icons with users, it just automatically logs into the admin as if it were old win 98 with only one user.
Besides, it won't let me start the computer in safe mode... it's driving me completely insane, especially the fact that there seems to be some hidden processes runing in the background all the time consuming all my ram memory even when I'm not doing anything... it's always 60~80% busy (the processor I mean).
On top of that, the sound card drivers began to fail too and now every time I'm playing any game (such as the nostradamus, sims, whatever) the sound keeps on jumping and looping and it sounds terrible... the same happens when I try to start a net meeting with my webcam and mike and somebody else's over the net, the sound just keeps on jumping and repeating itself, but otherwise I can normally listen to music... except for the 3 first second skipping thing.
Weired thing is, I can install silly programs such as games with no problem, but winamp, firefox, ccleaner, antiviruses and such just won't install. In firefox's case it says the file's corrupted but I downloaded around 7 different versions of the file from different pages (including the original of course, that was my first option) and it always said the same thing...
I don't know what other information I can provide besides this, but it's all I can think of at the time.

Thank you in advanced
Lyorna

PS: This is the log from Hijack This v 2.0.2

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 05:02:43 a.m., on 19/06/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\878RMTMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\ARCHIV~1\Lavasoft\AD-AWA~1\Ad-Watch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ATKKBService.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Datos de programa\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40RP7.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\878RMT.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaTray.exe
C:\Archivos de programa\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Archivos de programa\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVComsX.exe
C:\Archivos de programa\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WISPTIS.EXE
C:\Archivos de programa\Nero\Core\nero.exe
C:\Archivos de programa\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\net.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Archivos de programa\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TV Card Remote Control Device Monitor] C:\WINDOWS\878RMTMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTBatteryMeter] C:\Archivos de programa\VibrateGameDeviceDriver\RFPIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Archivos de programa\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AWMON] "C:\ARCHIV~1\Lavasoft\AD-AWA~1\Ad-Watch.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [csrcs] C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrcs.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SERVICIO LOCAL')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nltide3] cmd.exe /C rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'SERVICIO LOCAL')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nltide2] cmd.exe /C rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,L,,4,N (User 'SERVICIO LOCAL')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Servicio de red')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [nltide3] cmd.exe /C rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'Servicio de red')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [nltide3] cmd.exe /C rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [nltide3] cmd.exe /C rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xportar a Microsoft Excel -

res://C:\ARCHIV~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Consola de Sun Java - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} -

C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Referencia - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} -

C:\ARCHIV~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} -

C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} -

C:\ARCHIV~1\ARCHIV~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: ATK Keyboard Service (ATKKeyboardService) - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. -

C:\WINDOWS\ATKKBService.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON V3 Service4(01) (EPSON_PM_RPCV4_01) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION -

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Datos de programa\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40RP7.EXE
O23 - Service: Firebird Server - MAGIX Instance (FirebirdServerMAGIXInstance) - MAGIX® -

C:\MAGIX\Common\Database\bin\fbserver.exe
O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Unknown owner - c:\archivos de programa\archivos

comunes\logishrd\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LVSrvLauncher - Logitech Inc. - C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos

comunes\LogiShrd\SrvLnch\SrvLnch.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation -

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
End of file - 5313 bytes

Lyorna
2008-06-18, 10:49
I forgot to say that I also tried to install a bunch of other antiviruses but they all kept on saying the same thing.
And on the first line it says 'thing' but should actually say 'thing is'.

Blade81
2008-06-18, 22:56
One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and Download and Execute files

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the Trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud? (http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451)
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall (http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063)

However, if you do not have the resources to reinstall your computer and would like me to attempt to clean it, I will be happy to do so.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Please let us know what you have decided to do in your next post.

Lyorna
2008-06-19, 05:51
Thanks for the info!!
I've already disconnected and turned off my computer. Now I'm posting from my boyfriend's.
My mother uses home banking on her computer (mine's the server, but they're linked in the same net), so I guess cleaning the machine is not a good idea after all... She might want to use my terminal for managing her finances or something.
So I guess I should go on and format it... Oh, I wish I knew where my motherboard drivers are :oops:
After the format the first thing I want to do is have an antivirus installed. I was thinking of F-secure. Which one do you recommend?
Thank you again for replying to my questions.

Blade81
2008-06-19, 16:04
After the format the first thing I want to do is have an antivirus installed. I was thinking of F-secure. Which one do you recommend?
Hi

If you want to get good one without spending too much on it then I recommend to get free Antivir (http://free-av.com/en/download/1/download_avira_antivir_personal__free_antivirus.html). :)

Lyorna
2008-06-19, 18:24
All righty then. Thanks for the assistance. I've read the links you posted yesterday about phishing and all, so I'll go home in a while and proceed to format TT______________TT
Thank you again, you can close the subject now if you want.
Lyorna

Blade81
2008-06-19, 18:42
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed.

Note:If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.