PDA

View Full Version : Spybot in silent mode... is there a results log file?

elkfeva
2008-06-19, 20:10
greetings.:euro:

i am running spybot over my LAN using pstools in silent mode with the /taskbarhide /autoupdate /autocheck /autoclose switches.

My question is.. "Is there a log file or a way to set a log file so that i can view the results on the machine that was scanned?"

thanks
Elk

elkfeva
2008-06-20, 16:39
No one on the forum uses Spybot command line?

elkfeva
2008-06-20, 16:47
http://forums.spybot.info/archive/index.php/t-2973.html

i found the answer... thanks Elk. .hahah :eek:

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-20, 16:49
elkfeva:

Regardless if you use the command line parameter /autocheck or do a "Check for problems", by default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log files produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

There are two methods to review that information:
Method 1:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Previous reports. Look for the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file that contains the detections you are interested in. Open it.
Method 2
The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad.