PDA

View Full Version : Comcast webmail / spybot issue???

averagetechy
2008-06-20, 17:10
I was troubleshooting a problem with comcasts webmail and the delete button being greyed out, when i found a forum post that mentioned spybot might be the culprit.

Here is my problem.

Log into comcast webmail. Choose multiple emails to delete, but the delete button is greyed out. If you open a message the delete button works.
What i've noticed is that the webmail page hasn't fully rendered. An advertisement on the right hand side is still trying to load.

This is a brand new rebuild. XP sp3, latest spybot, & comcasts mcafee security suite. Teatime is enabled.

This is the forum that mentioned spybot.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic132990-15.html

Has anyone heard of this?

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-20, 17:20
averagetechy:

Are you using Internet Explorer to access "Comcast webmail"?

averagetechy
2008-06-20, 17:40
Yep sorry left that out. IE7.

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-20, 18:12
averagetechy:

Your problem accessing "Comcast webmail" in Internet Explorer may be due to Spybot's Resident "SDHelper" blocking "Blacklisted URLs".

To stop "SDHelper" from blocking these "Blacklisted URLs", go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration" > then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" there are three options:

Block all pages silently
Display dialog when blocking
Ask for blocking confirmation
Select "Ask for blocking confirmation" and click "OK".

Exit Internet Explorer and restart it.

Then try "Comcast webmail" again. If you encounter a URL that would ordinarily just be blocked in "Block all pages silently" mode, Spybot's "SDHelper" will issue a "Spybot-S&D Bad URL Blocker" dialog. The dialog allows you to either "Allow" or "Deny" the access and also allows you to select among the following options:
Ask me again next time
Remember for this session
Always react this way
If you encounter a "Spybot-S&D Bad URL Blocker" dialog while accessing "Comcast webmail", select "Always react this way" and then "Allow" the access.