PDA

View Full Version : How does Spybot S&D get rid of this: "servedby.advertising.com" ?

gun4fun
2008-06-21, 05:32
I have ran Spybot S&D 5 or 6 times and I still can't get rid of this cookie problem. It is slowing down my computer, big time. Each time I move from one web site to another I get this message from Spybot: servedby.advertising. com is trying to access....do you want to allow it or deny it. I always click "Deny it" and to "remember this setting" then later on when I change web sites, the same thing happens again. I use a High speed cable internet provider, but my computer is now much slower than it was when I was using dial up. I have the latest edition of Spybot S&D and I always download all up dates before I run a scan, nothing has seemed to help so far. I have also used the Immunize feature many times too. I also have went to "Internet Options" and clicked "Remove all Cookies" & "remove Internet history" and that hasn't helped ether. My computer system is a Dell desk top OptiPlex with Pentium III with Windows 2000 Pro. I have also downloaded the AVG Anti-virus 8.0 free edition but my computer wont let it run a virus scan.

Can anyone please help me get rid of this cookie or virus or what ever it is?

Thanks, gun4fun"

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

tashi
2008-06-21, 06:48
Hi gun4fun,

Your topic is here: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=29791

Cheers. :)