PDA

View Full Version : Virtuonde Strikes again.

Wodahs
2008-06-21, 20:34
Situation, I have 2 HD's on my computer and had windows installed on both in case one crashed. I was hit with the vituonde and have switched the boot config to use the other HD and it seems to be working so far. i have S&D set up and running now. and i am wondering if there is a way to do a log file of the other drive, or some other search to remove the cursed virus without totally formatting and reinstalling XP. I do believe that i have copied and saved as much as i can from that other HD. What is recommended?

BTW I will be out of town between 23 June and 8 July so do not archive me just yet. ty.

katana
2008-06-25, 14:32
Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.

Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
1. If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
2. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
3. Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those three things, everything should go smoothly

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be best if all the logs you produce are from the infected installation.
I know this may sound daft, but these tools are designed to be used on a running machine.

If it is a simple Vundo problem then we can cure it for you without a reformat :)

Click here (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HJTInstall.exe) to download HJTinstall.exe
Save HJTinstall.exe to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTinstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Hijack This.
Click I accept
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.