PDA

View Full Version : someone has injected malicious code into this application

fatpsu
2008-06-22, 23:38
Got that message after recent antiroot kits added from Spybot. Used McAfee virus and antispyware, superantispyware, avg antivirus, and spybot. They found nothing. Any ideas?

drragostea
2008-06-23, 00:21
Got that message after recent antiroot kits added from Spybot.
Was that message from a e-mail? It may be a prank or a spam in that case. Your information is too vague.

ME_2&
2008-06-23, 08:08
I figured it (see linked image) to be merely a crossed communication during an update - while Update.exe was getting the download, I 'excluded' the anti-rootkit plug-ins that were pre-checked (XP and Vista users, DO*NOT*EXCLUDE these updates if autochecked .. merely a personal choice for me and I certainly don't recommend excluding for anyone else!). After closing Update.exe, I re-opened it from inside SSD and everything went smoothly when I didn't interfere with the update process the second time. Quite possibly I may have been the "outsider" :oops: on the 1st anomalous update attempt.

annotated screenshot:

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/9192/ssd152update080620sc5.png

Terminator
2008-06-23, 14:51
Which version of Spybot are you using as I seem to remember that there was a bug in an earlier release of the 1.5 series that was caused by a bit of dodgy code that was designed for Windows testing purposes but proved so unreliable it was removed.

fatpsu
2008-06-23, 15:19
Using Spybot 1.5.2.20. The screenshot in the second post above is exactly what I received. Seemed to coming from Spybot. But I included the three antiroot plugins.