PDA

View Full Version : clickspringouterinfo

wildman
2008-06-23, 19:40
:scratch:

Hi: Using 1.5.2. When I do a scan it gets to bot check clickspringouterinfo and just stays there, it will go no further. Is this going to be fixed, or do I need to do something?

Thanks
Wildman

wildman
2008-06-24, 00:00
:hair::grandpa:

OK. I'll check back tomorrow, but I would appreciate a reply.

Thanks
Wildman

drragostea
2008-06-24, 00:55
Gah! This seems to be a problem.
--
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=29464&highlight=clickspring
--

However, do not attempt that solution at this time.

Clear the cache, temp. files, and cookies from your browsers.

Does the scan hang in SAFE MODE?

wildman
2008-06-24, 03:41
Gah! This seems to be a problem.
--
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=29464&highlight=clickspring
--

However, do not attempt that solution at this time.

Clear the cache, temp. files, and cookies from your browsers.

Does the scan hang in SAFE MODE?

Yes stops in the same place in SAFE MODE. Above files were cleared and all other security software was suspended. I do believe there is a problem with SpyBot. I am suspending SpyBot until the next software update(s).

Thanks
Wildman

drragostea
2008-06-24, 03:55
I do not see how suspending Spybot will resolve the problem.

This is my guarantee:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=202759&postcount=9
--

Btw, did Spybot find anything (detected entries maybe)? With the exception of cookies.

Yodama
2008-06-24, 07:40
hello,

this issue appears to be related to temporary files.
With the next update the detection rules will be adjusted for this Clickspring.Outerinfo to avoid this issue.

Clearing the temporary files may also help, to do this manually with Spybot S&D users can do the following:

switch to advanced mode
navigate to tools - secure shredder
choose "add files from Temp folder" from templates drop down menu
click "chop it away" to delete these temporary files

drragostea
2008-06-24, 15:59
Thanks for clarifying Yodama. That explains the problem. I'll remember that.

wildman
2008-06-24, 19:55
:nono:

I did the advance mode thing and it was working well till it got to the end. It shut down my machine and gave me the infamous blue screen. I manually had to reboot my machine. SpyBot Search and Destroy has now been completely uninstalled from my machine. I may, repeat may try this product again, but situations like this do not make me happy and have a tendency to cause me to bad mouth the product.

Thanks
Wildman

drragostea
2008-06-24, 20:13
hello,

this issue appears to be related to temporary files.
With the next update the detection rules will be adjusted for this Clickspring.Outerinfo to avoid this issue.

Clearing the temporary files may also help, to do this manually with Spybot S&D users can do the following:

switch to advanced mode
navigate to tools - secure shredder
choose "add files from Temp folder" from templates drop down menu
click "chop it away" to delete these temporary files

Wilman, listen. Undo the IGNORE PRODUCT, by unticking the "Clickspring.outerinfo" entry. You don't give up just because of one mistake.

Following Yodama's advice.

wildman
2008-06-25, 20:45
:)

I must say that I am impressed with the speed in witch this situation was resolved. I checked to see if there was an update, and downloaded SpyBot Search and Destroy. I ran a scan and it worked like a charm.

Thanks
Wildman

drragostea
2008-06-26, 01:36
I may, repeat may try this product again, but situations like this do not make me happy and have a tendency to cause me to bad mouth the product.

Much thanks to Yodama for clarifying this issue. All is well. Safe surfing Wildman.