PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Internet Explorer and Accessing Google.com

jameshau
2008-06-24, 06:20
Hello, I need help.

I have recently install Spybot-Search and Destroy and have identified Resident Teatimer protection status to be the cause of the problem.

As my gmail was getting unstable, always gets kicked out, I decided to go to Inernet properties Reset Internet Explorer settings and reset the whole thing. Afer I reset Internet Explorer settings, I am prompted by Spybot Search and Destroy regarding an important registry entry that has been changed. Each time it will prompt me for allow change or not. In the initial stage I must have pressed no to some and yes to some.

I saw some message that Google has denied changes to settings.

I am them brought to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx

So I select "Keep my current default search provider" and "Turn on automatic Phishing Filter"

Everything is OK.

Now when I go to my homepage, I will be kicked out with the error message
"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

I suspect the error is tied to Resident Teatimer protection from what I have read in the FAQs . However I highly appreciate if you could help me how to reset to original settings before I install Spybot Search and Destroy.

"Registry changed denied idenfied as user blacklist" appears each time I click on Internet explorer icon in the screen

I am then brought to my Internet Explorer download page as follows:-

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/le/getitnow.mspx

If I change the browser to http://www.google.com, the Internet explorer box with the following message comes out " Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I also notice that there is a Resident Box appearing on the bottom left corner of the screen whenever I click on the Internet icon and the message in the Resident Box is as follows: " 00:12 Registry change denied identified as user blacklist. Resident denied the change of 1st Home Page (category browser page) based on your blacklist"

I am not very technical and it appears that somehow by clicking on accept or no , I have blacklisted something.

Question now is how do I get out of reiterative loop ie When I click on Internet icon to access Internet , I am brought to Microsoft IE download page with the error message of Resident Box and the system will kick out and then I go in again and it will kick me out in a loop

How to resolve using Spybot - Search and destroy . Would uninstallation of Spybot - Search and destroy resolve this issue ?

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Zenobia
2008-06-24, 09:52
Please see if this helps:

If you checked "Remember this decision" on a change the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" changes. To edit this information:
Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon (actually labeled "Spybot-SD Resident") and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
Allowed processes
Blocked processes
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes

Note: If you don't see all four buttons, try expanding the window to the right. You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons.You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done. This will in effect make TeaTimer forget what you told it to remember so that during future changes to these items TeaTimer will issue a pop-up dialog rather then just a notification pop-up.

drragostea
2008-06-24, 16:03
In addition to that (Zenobia's post), I just wanted to add that uninstalling Spybot-SD will not resolve the issue. I've seen some users who attempt to uninstall Spybot to reverse the Immunization feature.

In the tabs, find the denied entry and double click on the red X, then will undo the action.

Also, the run once link you saw will only occur once. Most likely this occurs when the user first installs IE7. This brief page will enable the user to customize the settings to their liking.