PDA

View Full Version : Fake XP Security Center.

Upsadaisy22
2008-06-26, 23:13
First of all I think Im screwed. This virus looks so ligit, but it is not. My husband and I have tried to remove it about 4 times manually, but with no success. It keeps reinstalling itself, with out us doing it.

I downloaded Spybot, but it wont open and scan. I tried opening it up in Safe Mode, it still wont scan.

I downloaded Hijackthis three times. I cant get it to open and run either.

My OPS is WindowsXP. I have another Antivirus, could it be interfering with Spybot? I did have Ad-Adware 2007, but I uninstalled it, and that didnt work either.

Any help is much apprieciated.

Blade81
2008-06-28, 15:06
Hi

Try this to install HijackThis.

Download and install TrendMicro HijackThis (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HJTInstall.exe)
* Once installed open HijackThis by clicking Start > Programs > HijackThis and click the button labeled
Do a system scan only

* Click the scan button in the lower left hand corner of the interface and HijackThis will quickly scan your system.
* Once the scan is complete the scan button will now read save log. Click this button to save the log file to your PC. Once you select where you would like to save the file it will open in your systems default text editor. Typically this application is Notepad. Post the log here.

If any errors occur let me know exact message, please.