PDA

View Full Version : Ah, in a spot of trouble...

Wulfe
2008-06-29, 00:22
Er, I'm relatively new to this forum, and I could use a bit of help. And...just to note, in a bid to prevent confusion, I'm on a neighbor's computer at the moment.

Recently, I updated to S&D 1.5, and after updating it and running it, I found an odd little trojan called 'HellzLittleSpy'. I looked for instructions to remove it (Hopefully that wasn't what caused this problem!) And followed them. After confirming the infection was indeed gone, I turned off the system (HP laptop, configured to use Windows XP home, very old, but fairly reliable).

However, upon turning the system on later in the day I had an unusual situation on my hands. After notifying me that the system registry had been altered, it promptly asked if I would like to use my current OS. After saying yes, the system promptly started into a continuous loop effect where it would attempt to log in, then log off the instant it had succeeded. I'm at a bit of a loss on how to repair this problem since the effect even extends into Safe Mode. Any input would be appreciated, since I currently cannot access any logs that are on my laptop. I also apologize for any inconvienience my lack of data may cause in this matter.

drragostea
2008-06-29, 05:47
Some instructions are posted at:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=206836
--
I'm in a jiffy. I'll provide more instructions when I get a response.

Wulfe
2008-06-29, 08:22
Ah, thank you. I apologize for not putting that in the right forum; I'm still exploring this place so I can figure out what should go where and that seemed to be the first place I should try! Yes, I have the annoying habit of apologizing too much at times...but as I get used to asking for help and support here, or to give input, that should pass soon enough.

If this doesn't help...I guess I have two options; Junk it and by a new one (Which will more than likely have Vista preinstalled-Sarcastic 'yay' here.), or see if I can find someone who can get past the problem. Either way, thanks very much.

drragostea
2008-06-29, 18:34
Have you attempted to follow the instructions provided by md spybot usa fan's posts?

Trashing it would be a waste, I'd say you give it to me >:D.

No but seriously you should have attempted to resolve the problem, the link is above. Whether you read it or not is up to you.

Wulfe
2008-06-29, 20:27
Heh, my mistake on the misunderstanding. I meant I'd try that stuff first-provided I can get remote access when, by habit, I always turn off the wireless before I switch off the laptop (Since its a bit sluggish, that allows it to boot a bit more quickly when turned on...or did, anyway) In fact, I'm in the process of trying a few of the ideas as we speak. But yeah, if I can't fix it...I'll at least try to blank the backup an' find a way to toss it towards yeh. It's an old 10gb harddrive, but as I said, it's pretty reliable when working.