PDA

View Full Version : How can I save the TeaTimer Black List?

Becky
2008-06-29, 04:40
Hi,

I want to uninstall Spybot 1.5.2 to install the 1.6 beta 2.
I have some entries on my black list (Tea Timer) and I don't want to loose them, could any one knows where is the list located? I want to save it before uninstall

Thanks a LOT

drragostea
2008-06-29, 04:49
Hm. I don't see how you can retain the settings just with the log itself...

I'm sure Spybot will retain the list. TeaTimer will retain the settings if you upgrade. More like a uninstall and reinstall. I'm pretty sure but no 100%.

Becky
2008-06-29, 05:07
Hm. I don't see how you can retain the settings just with the log itself...

I'm sure Spybot will retain the list. TeaTimer will retain the settings if you upgrade. More like a uninstall and reinstall. I'm pretty sure but no 100%.

Thanks for your attention to my request.

I've been using Spybot for more than 5 years (sorry can't remember exactly, since v1.2)
My experience as far is that you have pros and cons with upgrade and clean install:

upgrade: Faster and you have pretty much everything customized as you want. But you could carry some tracks, immunizations, fixes, etc. that not necessary applies any longer

Clean Install: You have more control over the installation and any garbish that could carry from the old environment, mainly because your system has changed. But you can loose some customizations (as the black lists). Almost all the customization and fixes can be done quickly.

That's why I need to know how to save the black list...

drragostea
2008-06-29, 05:15
That's why I need to know how to save the black list...

Looks like there is a log function. Right click on TeaTimer and click on SHOW LOG.

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-29, 06:13
Becky:

The entries for “Blocked registry changes” are in the RegKeyBlack.sbe file located in one of the following folders:

Windows 95/98
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes
Windows ME
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes
Windows NT/2000/XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes
Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes
In the past Spybot upgrades retained the information in the RegKeyBlack.sbe file. However, also in the past that file is protected and if you modified that file outside of TeaTimer it would be cleared.