PDA

View Full Version : Video codec malware infection. HELP!

buddhasmash
2008-06-29, 16:58
I got the video codec malware infection that's been going around recently. It contained the XP Antivirus 2008 rogue and the Zlob trojan, along with a host of other viruses. Neither McAfee nor SBS&D could effectively remove the programs. S&D would report them as being removed, but the files would continue to appear on future searches. I just tried running S&D in safe mode. About 10% into the scan, the S&D client displayed a "Scan aborted by user" message. Seconds later my system blue screened. Now my computer won't start up. It powers up, the LED lights up, but nothing appears on my screen and I get no beeps. Where should I go from here?

buddhasmash
2008-06-29, 17:03
Oh, I just remembered that Smitfraud was also one of the viruses that S&D found but failed to remove.

buddhasmash
2008-06-29, 17:32
Sorry, just posting the names of the viruses as they come to mind. Another one I was infected with was Win32.BHO.je.

buddhasmash
2008-06-30, 16:48
Anyone have any suggestions?

Blade81
2008-07-03, 11:40
Anyone have any suggestions?
BEFORE you POST (READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) ;)

Download and install TrendMicro HijackThis (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HJTInstall.exe)
* Once installed open HijackThis by clicking Start > Programs > HijackThis and click the button labeled
Do a system scan only

* Click the scan button in the lower left hand corner of the interface and HijackThis will quickly scan your system.
* Once the scan is complete the scan button will now read save log. Click this button to save the log file to your PC. Once you select where you would like to save the file it will open in your systems default text editor. Typically this application is Notepad. Post the log here.

Blade81
2008-07-11, 20:26
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.