PDA

View Full Version : Stalls

Bond007
2008-06-29, 21:10
After running a scan when the program is finished and gets to the fix
the hour glass comes up and stalls out can never get to fix the items found.
Windows xp pro
Norton Security 07
1.6.0 version spybot

Thank You in Advance:scratch:

spybotsandra
2008-06-30, 14:14
Hello,

Please try the new RC1 (http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd160-rc1.exe).
That should fix it. :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

stillnotworking
2008-06-30, 22:30
I am having a similar problem with 1.5.2

It scans fully the entire drive and shows the results with no infections.

Once it gets to clearing the cache, spybot crashes and fully shuts down. I do not use the teatimer function. I use AVG free and Zonealarm.

When SpyBot shutsdown it also shuts down the icon in the tray. All of this is happening repeatably.

WinXP Pro
AVG free fully up to date
Zonealarm Free fully up to date
SB 1.5.2

I would prefer to stay away from beta test spybots like the one in the link above.

Can you offer any advise
Thanks

drragostea
2008-07-01, 00:54
stillnotworking: Have you attempted to clear the cache, temp. files, and cookies manually from your browsers?

Do you mean the scan hangs? Or does it hang when Spybot "fixes"?

stillnotworking
2008-07-01, 15:54
I manually cleared all temp, cookies etc. and re-performed a scan with the same fault occuring.

It does not hang but exits the program completly and closes the icon in the tray also. It happens during the fix of problems after the scan is complete. No problems were found on any scan and I did a AV scan of the drive to fully test for anything in the background.

Yodama
2008-07-01, 16:02
these appear to be 2 different issues:

@Bond007
please check your settings for a download directory within Spybot S&D

@stillnotworking
we need to know what Spybot S&D is trying to fix on your system.
please do another scan and do not fix, but rightclick the scanresult and create a full Spybot S&D report. Send this report to detections@spybot.info with a reference to this thread (attaching it here may not be possible due to size restrictions)

stillnotworking
2008-07-01, 23:31
Thanks for the reply

True to bloody form, the fault did not repeat itself after I did the scan and saved the full results.

All I can offer is, when it crashed each time before, it fixed the common dialogs and IE but appeared to die during the MS Office 9.0 fix. These are the microsoft usage tracks. The latest fix has failed to fully fix these but I believe that has been normal without a reboot and rescan. All other fixes have been completed.

I have the scan results but without the fault reoccuring, I feel these are of no use to you.

Thanks