PDA

View Full Version : Teatimer is taking so much of memory

achtani_jeetu
2008-06-30, 14:24
the thing is teatimer is considered to be a memory hog for me atleast. Its taking 40Mb. as i have just 512mb ram i m bit worried about this software. I know its a good program which gives real time protection but i cant tolerate if its memory eater.. I really need your suggestions and help... All the initiatives by you all are appreciated.... regards

Greyfox
2008-06-30, 16:27
achtani_jeetu,

That's how it is - If Teatimers memory usage is causing you problems then turn it off, if it's not then as you say it affords you additional real time protection.

One solution would be to install some extra memory. Nowdays memory is reletively cheap. There are however many using Teatimer without problems with 512Mb of memory, so perhaps you should look at whether you have other software that is not strictly necessary taking up memory.

drragostea
2008-06-30, 18:47
;D What bothers me if that during the warm weather in the Summer of NY, my cooling fan is consistently on. I have 512Mb of RAM and it doesn't cause any trouble, but if you combine it with AVG 8.0 it does take some memory.

I think there will be some memory improvement in Spybot-SD 1.6. Also TeaTimer will be drastically improved, which means less prompts.