PDA

View Full Version : Various strange symptoms, please help

Prometheus
2008-06-30, 16:59
Hi Everyone,

Greeting from BKK. This is my second time here. Last time you guys help me out of Google Redirect Problem. I was really appreciated.

Now, another problem comes up :sad:. I suspect that my comp infected with some kind of malware. Here are the details.

1. Firstly, when I enter Gmail.com website. It'll become error even if I have not log in yet (when I open one or more pages of other website, there's no problem like this). Then the system will close all windows immediately and the error box message on "Send/Don't Send" report to Microsoft will pop-up. In the details of such report. It said that there's a problem with "mshtml.dll". I've been try to fix this problem for days and but not work. Finally, I decide to upgrade from IE6 to IE7 (previously I used IE6). This problem seem to disappear. I can now open Gmail.com website. Anyway, I don't know it's a right way to deal with this problem.

2. Secondly, I discover the new problem. When I try to open several pages of Microsoft such as "windowsupdate.microsoft.com/", it'll re-direct to the homepage of MSN instead.

3. Thirdly, when I use google search and follow the link provided by google, sometime it'll re-direct me to other website instead. This problem is now almost disappear. However, I don't know the cause of this problem still exist or not.

4. Fourthly, when I try to open the following page of Microsoft:-

http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-US

The result page will show the following message:-

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx

5.Fifthly, then I download Hijackthis 1.99.1 in order to get the log file which I intend to post it here afterward. It turn out that I can not run HJT. The error box message always pop-up with the message "Unexpected Error" all the time.

6. Details on my system (From System Information) specifies that my comp's OS is Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.260 Service Pack 2 Build 2600 and for more information, I participate in a local, non-public, restrcited to member only bittorrent community in Thailand which I from time to time download files from P2P provided by this community. My nephew also use the same comp to play several online games and from time to time download files related to such games website unknow to me.

7. What you guys think about all of the above problems? Should I install the new Windows, if so, which one (if possible, please provide link). If not, any idea on the way to solve such problems.

Thanks in advance.

Prometheus.