PDA

View Full Version : teatimer

teri151
2008-06-30, 20:16
Ever since the teatimer has been installed, my laptop takes twice as long to boot up. I also noticed that it takes a large percentage of the cpu as the computer is starting up.

I know the Teatimer checks all processes as the computer is starting, and it stays resident to check for registry changes and other realtime nasties.

The slow startup is not what I would call a major problem, but it would be nice if the teatimer could do it's job faster.

Overall I am very happy with Spybot. :)

Terminator
2008-06-30, 20:24
Spybot 1.6 is out on July 4th and it has many improvments including reducing the Tea Timers Memory usage.

drragostea
2008-06-30, 20:39
In addition to that, Spybot will much simple to use. There will be less prompts and less RAM usage with TeaTimer.

TeaTimer may not be the culprit of a slow startup. It depends on what kind of programs are installed on your computer. QuickTime for example can be a nuisance, because it adds itself to the Startup Manager without the user's knowledge. From my view, programs that add themselves to the startup manager would be considered "important", :laugh:.

teri, if you know how to use "msconfig", then you can add and remove entries. Sometimes removing unnecessary entries can boost the speed of a slow computer.

How you considered defragmenting your drive? How about clearing the cache, temp. files, and cookies from your browsers?

2008-06-30, 22:34
hard disk errors can be a cause for slow startup. Have windows check hard drive c. You will find this option under my computer, right click the c drive, properties. click tools in the box that pops up. under error checking, click check now. check both boxes, click start. on the message that pops up choose yes, the restart your computer and windows will look at your hard drive and fix any issues. =]

Having windows check it upon boot will be able to fix any issues you might have better then if windows was running.