PDA

View Full Version : Browser Hijacking, Help!!

grutman1
2006-03-16, 20:32
About 2 weeks ago my high-speed internet connection began doing a crazy thing and has not stopped ever since. The connection will just stop working for no apparent reason. Sometimes it works and I can surf the web, other times it simply doesn't work. No matter what browser i use whether netscape, Firefox, Explorer...the page just simply times out and nothgin loads. Note that if i plug in the network cable to another pc or laptop I have no problem whatsoever connecting.

Around that same time period of 2 weeks ago AlfaCleaner somehow infected my computer. I have uninstalled it a number of times but it still reappears. It is "gone" now I think. I've run 2 spyware programs many many times, ran Norton anitivirus, and even reinstalled windows. but the problem with my internet connection continues to persist. Is there a connection?

I don't know what to do next. Any ideas?

pskelley
2006-03-17, 22:52
I can't really say without a look at your HJT log. I suggest you review the important pinned information at the top of each page, and this especially:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288 Since this is a connection issue I would also involve your ISP in the problem. Once you complete the instruction in the link I provided and post a HJT log, I will know more about rather malware is playing a part or not.

Thanks...pskelley
Safer Networking Forums

tashi
2006-03-23, 19:34
Due to lack of a response this topic will be archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a pm and provide a link to the thread.