PDA

View Full Version : Spy Sheriff

VictoriaREALTOR
2006-03-16, 21:14
This piece of trouble is deeply entrenched in my auxillary computer, which I have as a backup in case this computer fails! I have dozens of clients on various REAL ESTATE seaches, who depend on clean e-mails. When trojans or spyware show up I switch computers and usually get a company to clean the offending file. They were unable to get rid of this trojan and several programs in 'Add and remove programs' will not allow themselves to be deleted.
The program will not allow me to connect to the internet, and in fact, will not allow photoshop to update, as it usually does on each startup.

I removed all Virus scanning software, as I have known these to be hijacked and made part of the problem by hackers.

'Hijack this' will not run- however I can get into the black "DOS" screen.
so if you tell me what to type, or how to find the trojan, I'll pass on the results back to you.

Thank you VictoriaREALTOR

CalamityJane
2006-03-17, 00:53
Can you run the tools in this instruction for removing Spy Sheriff?
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1958

VictoriaREALTOR
2006-03-17, 09:19
I am unable to connect to the internet on the auxillary computer - but AHA,

I have a usb hub that works and a Usb Rom. So, I might be able (if instructed how) to load the hijack This into the USB from the good computer, if the program will allow it to save in Location "F" Drive. ( Most programs, I've noticed limit one to 'drive "A" ' or 'drive "C" '.

Thanks for the reply.

CalamityJane
2006-03-17, 18:35
Yes, you can transfer files via the USB between the good computer and the bad computer. You especially need the Smitrem tool. It will take out most of the SpySherrif infection, and then if you can get Ewido install file and the updates for it into one folder and tranfer over to the affected computer. Install Ewido and apply the updates to do a scan.

If you can't figure that out, at least do the Smitrem and try to get HJT transferred to get a log from it. You can also transfer the reports I need via the USB to post back here.

tashi
2006-03-25, 21:52
How is it going VictoriaREALTOR

tashi
2006-03-30, 19:19
Due to lack of a response this topic will be archived.
If you need it re-opened please send me a pm and provide a link to the thread.