PDA

View Full Version : submit sites to maybe be included in immunize?

blues
2008-07-01, 11:44
is it allowed to submit malicious sites to this forum so it may possibly be included in the spybot immunize, i do that to hphosts forum. if it isnt allowed, why not? we will help protect eachother when doing so.

drragostea
2008-07-01, 12:33
Sounds like SaferNetworking Forums doesn't like that. Just joking :santa:. However, I don't think this forum allows that.

However, if you have something you would like to add to Spybot's database feel free to visit the NEW OR UNDETECTED.

PepiMK
2008-07-01, 13:33
I guess the thread has just been missed ;)

We always welcome suggested additions to the database at detections@spybot.info :)

And once the community parts of OpenSBI have been made public, submissions in the form of IELinks (http://wiki.spybot.info/index.php/IELinks) for example are even easier I think :)
(IELinks isn't used for immunization, but would be a start)

drragostea
2008-07-01, 13:45
I guess the thread has just been missed ;)

We always welcome suggested additions to the database at detections@spybot.info :)

And once the community parts of OpenSBI have been made public, submissions in the form of IELinks (http://wiki.spybot.info/index.php/IELinks) for example are even easier I think :)
(IELinks isn't used for immunization, but would be a start)

Woops. Looks like I missed that. :red:

PepiMK, does the detection @ spybot.info is usually used for attaching the "infected" file?

Thanks for clarifying Pepi.

blues
2008-07-01, 13:48
i have only one cd again from the test to use spybot on, but then i must copi them to a folder on the computer to be able to scan them using spybot, because it doesnt scan cds. what if i submit the trojans and malware that spybot doesnt find on the cd? i mean submitting malware that the other security software detect on the cd. but must i be 100% sure that it is real malware they find before submitting them? because i am not a expert and cant find out if it is false positives they find.

i have throwed the other cds/dvds in the garbage.

pepimk: i didnt see your post before being in the middle of my writin right now. i will submit what i find.