PDA

View Full Version : Registry change message

marekny144
2008-07-01, 20:29
Hello everybody,
My computer is infected with a Trojan/Zlob, or something like that judging from the posts here. The instructions on how to remove it are unfortunately too advanced for me to take advantage of them so for now there is not much I can do. I ran Spybot but it seems unable to fix the problem. Here is my question: I get a Spybot popup window about "an important registry entry that has been changed." It then asks me whether I want to allow the change or deny it. I tried to get some info on what it means and which option I should choose but it is still unclear to me. Can someone please tell me what the correct way to proceed is? I apologize if this is posted in incorrect sub-forum but I didn't quite know where I should post it. Thank you!

Blade81
2008-07-07, 14:36
Hi

To get better view of your system's current state I need you to create a HijackThis log.

Download and install TrendMicro HijackThis (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HJTInstall.exe)
* Once installed open HijackThis by clicking Start > Programs > HijackThis and click the button labeled
Do a system scan only

* Click the scan button in the lower left hand corner of the interface and HijackThis will quickly scan your system.
* Once the scan is complete the scan button will now read save log. Click this button to save the log file to your PC. Once you select where you would like to save the file it will open in your systems default text editor. Typically this application is Notepad. Post the log here.