PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility Confirmation with Avira Antivir Premium

classic_sidhu
2008-07-02, 14:48
Hi,

I have Avira Antivir Premium instakked on the computer which has a Adware/Spyware protection module as well but I wish to use Spybot as an additional Spyware protection along with its Tea Timer and Resident Protection.

Would it work fine or do I have chances of incompatibility with each other's protection modules?

Regards,
Sandeep Sidhu

drragostea
2008-07-02, 17:43
One AV (anti-virus) will do fine. Having more than one anti-virus or firewall will cause conflicts. So you can stay with Antivir.

As for the adware/malware protection modules, can you list them?

I'm sure Spybot can co-exist with them.

md usa spybot fan
2008-07-02, 18:28
classic_sidhu:

There appears to be no conflict with Spybot itself. However in regards to using TeaTimer, it appears to me that you actually did not get:

… a clear and crisp answer …
To the question posed in the AntiVir Premium and Avira Premium Security Suite ( http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Board&boardID=131) forum:
Compatibility Confirmation with Spybot
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=70553
There seems to be differences of opinion and that everyone is speculating. No one seems to have said either:
I tried it and it works.
--- or ---
I tried it and had problems.
I suggest that you wait for someone to post who actually tried the combination before forming an opinion

classic_sidhu
2008-07-03, 10:31
Hmmm.... :-)

And thanks once again for a Clear and Crisp answer.

I got it quite right now not to use Tea Timer, but what about the Resident Protection which gives the warning about registry changes?

Can I use that or shall I keep that one disabled as well?

And this question is for "md usa spybot fan" again now!!!

Regards,
Sandeep Sidhu

classic_sidhu
2008-07-03, 10:42
I have one more question for you which is necessary for me to ask.

Is it necessary for me to install Java Runtime Environment on my computer when I'm using Mozilla FF and my system is running on XP Professional.

And what is the actual functionality for Java Runtime on a Windows based computer.

Would be thankful for the reply

Regards,
Sandeep Sidhu

blues
2008-07-03, 12:27
I have one more question for you which is necessary for me to ask.

Is it necessary for me to install Java Runtime Environment on my computer when I'm using Mozilla FF and my system is running on XP Professional.

And what is the actual functionality for Java Runtime on a Windows based computer.

Would be thankful for the reply

Regards,
Sandeep Sidhu

i dont use firefox so i cant say anything about that.

as i have posted in another thread: some speedtests wont work without java, i have had no use for java other than online virus scanners and speedtests, some years ago i used it to be able to play an online game but i havent played online games on a long time.