PDA

View Full Version : detection by spybot, what is it?

blues
2008-07-02, 20:16
i was thinking of submitting malware to spybot today, look at this thread:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30340

this is wat i did: downloaded 7-zip and extractnow so i can maybe use 7-zip to set a password on the infected files before submitting it, but i dont know if 7-zip can do that, i use extractnow to extract multiple files at once so i use that for other things and not the submitting of malware. i then disabled antivir so that it didnt interfere with the submitting, copied the folders with malware from my cd on to a folder on the computer and placed the folder in spybots download directories to let spybot scan the folder, it found a trojan in the folder wich i removed so i will not submit that one. and it also detected this on the computer but that was not in the folder:

Microsoft.Windows.Security.InternetExplorer: [SBI $A3433CBF] Oppsett (Registerendring, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-329068152-789336058-1343024091-1003\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN\iexplore.exe

do you know what it is? can i fix it? i dont know how this could come on the computer. the only thing i have downloaded today is 7-zip, extractnow and hijackthis but all is downloaded from the authors sites so it cant be they who have placed this on the computer, it has not been malware in them the last time i used them.

and i did not execute a single file from the malware infected folder so it cant be that. but it has been some time since the last spybot and ad-aware scan.

i am just asking if i should fix it and what it is. i will now download other antimalware scanners to check my computer just to be sure there isnt other malware on the computer. i have not run ad-aware yet. antivir hasnt detected anything. teatimer is just to difficult to use for me, so that one hasnt been activated.

i could see this on another forum it is checked for me too, what do that setting do? i have not changed it, and i just found out that it was checked, this is from the forum: My problem is undoubtedly related to the one in the Wilder's link. For reasons unknown, "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer" was checked. I've unchecked it and will reboot and run SpyBot again after my current Folding@Home work unit reaches a checkpoint.

md usa spybot fan
2008-07-02, 21:13
blues:

re: The following detection:

Microsoft.Windows.Security.InternetExplorer: [SBI $A3433CBF] Oppsett (Registerendring, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-329068152-789336058-1343024091-1003\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN\iexplore.exe

Please read the following thread:
Unclear result from S&D.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=27805

blues
2008-07-02, 23:53
thanks:) i have fixed the problem with spybot now, spybot succesfully unchecked this: Allow active content to run in files on My Computer. i decided to not uncheck it myself just to see if that setting was the problem.

allow active content from cds on my computer was also checked, spybot didnt uncheck that but that one isnt so dangerous to have checked if you trust they you where getting the cd from. but i wouldnt trust cds that comes from computer magazines, because my antivirus was detecting a worm on one of the cds and teatimer was terminating a rogue on another cd, i thought the software was safe when coming from a cd from a computer magazine, but i was wrong. they probably use only one antivirus/antispyware to check the cds, they should have used more than one.

blues
2008-07-27, 11:54
spybot detected this again today, it has been a week since the last spybot scan. do some of you know of a program that tells me when that setting is changed so i can know what other program is changing this setting? (it may have been a malicious site that changed it, but i dont know)

does winpatrol warn when this setting is changed? or some other programs? (i dont have winpatrol)