PDA

View Full Version : Can't logon...done with Spybot

jms1002
2008-07-03, 06:58
I'm officially done with Spybot and done with all crappy Microsoft products. I ran a scan with spybot and now like others on this forum, I cannot boot in normal or safe mode. Now I'm stuck taking my desktop to the f-ing geek squad or something. Why do you need to be a computer engineer to work a home pc these days?

drragostea
2008-07-03, 08:08
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=208640&postcount=2
--

Can you try to boot in SAFE MODE and do a System Restore?

md usa spybot fan
2008-07-03, 08:32
jms1002:

For methods to fix the problem, see this blog entry:
Userinit Issue
http://forums.spybot.info/blog.php?b=14

walker
2008-07-03, 09:44
jms1002:

Userinit Issue

Have you tried downloading for "Solution #2".......even the download doesn't work. Are you guyz German or Norwegian????....same thing...........thanks for toasting my PC!

walker
2008-07-03, 09:47
I'm officially done with Spybot and done with all crappy Microsoft products. I ran a scan with spybot and now like others on this forum, I cannot boot in normal or safe mode. Now I'm stuck taking my desktop to the f-ing geek squad or something. Why do you need to be a computer engineer to work a home pc these days?

My feelings exactly....if you were a real company you would have a nightmare on your hands now. All I can do is hope I run into one of you managers one day.

walker
2008-07-03, 09:49
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

solution #2.......your server no workey........

eunet.no I should have known better...........:clown:

walker
2008-07-03, 09:50
So Hans......what is the actual final solution?

md usa spybot fan
2008-07-03, 10:36
walker:

Have you tried downloading for "Solution #2".......even the download doesn't work. ...
The download (cd080526.zip (http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/cd080526.zip)) works fine. Once you have downloaded the cd080526.zip file, extract the cd080526.iso file. To burn the ISO file to a CD you must have software. I personally used ISO Recorder (http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm), but that particular ISO Recorder does not have a version for Windows 2000.

walker
2008-07-03, 11:27
Dear Hobbyist,

Thanks for your reply.

You are saying that when you click on that Norway link....you get to a site?....because I don't.

Is that where you got the zip file from?

I am totally confused. As far as ISO burning.......thank the software guyz at SpyBot...now I'll spend another day trying to figure out how to burn the CD. The is not the realm of my expertise.

I appreciate your help...but can you give me some details?

honda12
2008-07-03, 11:56
Personally I find ImgBurn easier to use:

1. Download and install ImgBurn: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/ImgBurn/1128426215/1

(click on the 'download now' button)

2. Download and save the 'cd080526.zip' to your desktop
(download works fine for me, and im in the UK)

3. Double click on cd080526.zip and extract 'cd080526.iso' to your desktop

4. Open up imgBurn and click the first option 'Write Image File to Disk'

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj115/ilovehobnobs/img.png

5. Click the little folder icon with the magnifying glass and select cd080526.iso (that is on your desktop)

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj115/ilovehobnobs/SLE.png

6. Insert a blank CD-R in your CD drive - ImgBurn should recognise it

7. Finally click the big button to burn

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj115/ilovehobnobs/burn.png

The .iso file will be 'burnt' on to the CD-R

You can then follow the rest of the method

Hope that helps,

honda :)

walker
2008-07-03, 13:24
I was able to create the image...and I was also able to get the computer to boot to it.......but that is it....the software is as quirky as Spybot is and it would not load the reg. edits, as it now states that the computer has to be first started in "Safe Mode"....which it cannot.

jms1002
2008-07-03, 17:12
jms1002:

Userinit Issue

Thanks but no thanks. I'm not a computer geek. I just want to turn my computer on and have it work, and not spend my days trying to decipher your cluster%*&K. I'm officially p-ed off! You toasted my pc with your program that was designed to protect pcs. Again, I'm done with Spybot and I'm going out and buying a Mac today. Enough with this unstable Microsoft garbage.

pc_guy
2008-07-03, 22:43
I just registered here to say thanks to Spybot for royally F***ing up my PC.
After I reinstall and get back on my feet, I will stay far far away from Spybot for the rest of my life.

Thanks for the hours of headaches, and good riddance!!!!

-another victim of the logon/logoff loop (hellz little spy) fiasco.

walker
2008-07-03, 23:51
I just registered here to say thanks to Spybot for royally F***ing up my PC.
After I reinstall and get back on my feet, I will stay far far away from Spybot for the rest of my life.

Thanks for the hours of headaches, and good riddance!!!!

-another victim of the logon/logoff loop (hellz little spy) fiasco.

Some at Team SpyBot would refer to this as "slander".........what a joke. Do you people realize what you have done.....and the only posters here are people who have enough intelligence to realize that "hellzlittlespy" had something to do with the problem. There are many out there with toasted computers conjecturing that they have a hard drive failure, virus or other hardware or software problem. Your solutions do not work...this activity is criminal. Your only luck in this is that the malicious code is only affecting those on vers. 1.3.....so the damage is limited to those that did not remove this version and upgrade to a later version. With the ability to update that version on every visit and the lack of any error messages (contrary to what team bot believes),,,there was no real reason for a non-hobbyist......basic user to upgrade. Again, thanks for toasting my computers. Maybe someday I will be able to teach those at team bot what slander really is.

walker
2008-07-04, 11:26
I'm just venting here.......Can someone please Help!!

Geeee...I'm a full fledged member now!!

MisterW
2008-07-04, 11:40
Walker,
we are working on a solution for you and will post it here in the forum soon.

regards,
Markus

walker
2008-07-04, 23:07
Walker,
we are working on a solution for you and will post it here in the forum soon.

regards,
Markus

...thanks.

By the way...I'm not just fooling around and wasting your time...this is a legitimate situation for me. I saw the posts about the guy mentioning the commercial software solution....I am certainly not him (there was an allegation by Pepi that he was trolling in duplicate). This is not an exercise in trying to annoy and troll...I am a middleaged guy...I don't have the time for this.

I did try the commercial software solution. It did not work in my case. It basically looks for an earlier windows restore point if you do not have the software prev. installed. If you do, it has it's own restore points. In my case, Norton Systemworks was installed. After one hellzlittlespy experience, Norton was able to restore to an earlier system state and I rebooted without a problem. Unfortunately, I did not know about hellzlittlespy and after Spybot found it again, it was removed. After the machine was shut down, it would not re-boot.....and Norton now would not work (Go Back always has been quirky software). Unfortunately, Norton now wanted to clear Go Back in order for me to try a restore from the original Win 2000 Pro disk, which I do have. After Norton cleared Go Back, it is my belief that it toasted all the restore points. Hence, this commercail software won't find any restore points. The ability to restore one file does not seem to work with this noted software. So, it didn't even work for me....so I am not trying to sell anything. I have spoken to the guy in PM......he seems to be a legit person. The software is sold by major retail outlets and is a big company...I doubt he is trying to sella few boxes of software......Pepi....you are a strange person....I read all your arguments with this guy....about heart attacks and crazziness!!!!!!! This is about one thing only.....and a lot of people don't agree with the idea of upgrading the software. Updates are one thing...but many times upgrades to a differnt version bring problems of their own with that upgrade. Sometimes the original program causes conflict with the new one when the removal wasn't complete, etc., etc. Norton Systemworks is a prime example of software upgrades gone wild. Pepi believe us...we know this is freeware and you don't owe us anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....but all this personal stuff is silly and childish.

In any case, thanks to those trying to help me out.

HP_XP_User
2008-07-05, 19:57

..... I saw the posts about the guy mentioning the commercial software solution....I am certainly not him (there was an allegation by Pepi that he was trolling in duplicate). This is not an exercise in trying to annoy and troll...I am a middleaged guy...I don't have the time for this......

I have spoken to the guy in PM......he seems to be a legit person. The software is sold by major retail outlets and is a big company...I doubt he is trying to sella few boxes of software......

....I read all your arguments with this guy....about heart attacks and crazziness!!!!!!! ....but all this personal stuff is silly and childish.

I too am a middle aged guy, perhaps even older, I too don't have the time for this and I was not trolling...

Yes I am legit, you are right, who is going to make money this way..all I was doing was trying to help other users, nothing more...

Yes, I must admit, PepiMK is a real sweetheart, sure has a way with words.

HP_XP_User

pc_guy
2008-07-07, 17:33
Some at Team SpyBot would refer to this as "slander".........what a joke. Do you people realize what you have done.....and the only posters here are people who have enough intelligence to realize that "hellzlittlespy" had something to do with the problem. There are many out there with toasted computers conjecturing that they have a hard drive failure, virus or other hardware or software problem. Your solutions do not work...this activity is criminal. Your only luck in this is that the malicious code is only affecting those on vers. 1.3.....so the damage is limited to those that did not remove this version and upgrade to a later version. With the ability to update that version on every visit and the lack of any error messages (contrary to what team bot believes),,,there was no real reason for a non-hobbyist......basic user to upgrade. Again, thanks for toasting my computers. Maybe someday I will be able to teach those at team bot what slander really is.

If it is slander, so be it. Many people out there are dealing with *cripppled* PC's and SB is just sitting back and twiddling their thumbs.
Luckily for me, I am a back-up nut. I was able to reinstall and not lose anything important.
But for many this is huge.

jntech
2008-07-07, 20:31
If you have access to a 2nd computer you can also remove the hard drive of the computer that won't boot, mount it to the 2nd computer as a slave, and load the registry hive through the working windows installation. There's info on the internet on how to load a registry hive, or shoot me an email.