PDA

View Full Version : Loudeye - encoding.com

dldeskins
2008-07-03, 21:24
Hello,

I have used Spybot S&D for years and love it. but I have found a spybot in the form of an application.

I recently installed a new firewall (software) and it detected messages going from my computer to Loudeye - encoding.com. This would activate every 5 min and change ports if it was unsuccessful getting through. My first thoughts was that it was iTunes (since Loudeye had made some kind of deal with Apple). I uninstalled iTunes and the related Apple software....

Still i had the problem. I finally stumbled across PowerDVD (program DVDLauncher.exe), it was a running process that i stopped. I couldn't remember installing it, etc., so Googled Loudeye and DVDLauncher.exe. I found this:
http://www.sin-espias.com/reports/30/49867/?cmd=1

That was the only hint that this was spyware. I uninstalled PowerDVD and had no other problem (no phoning home).

I wish Spybot S&D had caught it.

dldeskins
2008-07-07, 17:38
Hello,

I have used Spybot S&D for years and love it. but I have found a spybot in the form of an application.

I recently installed a new firewall (software) and it detected messages going from my computer to Loudeye - encoding.com. This would activate every 5 min and change ports if it was unsuccessful getting through. My first thoughts was that it was iTunes (since Loudeye had made some kind of deal with Apple). I uninstalled iTunes and the related Apple software....

Still i had the problem. I finally stumbled across PowerDVD (program DVDLauncher.exe), it was a running process that i stopped. I couldn't remember installing it, etc., so Googled Loudeye and DVDLauncher.exe. I found this:
http://www.sin-espias.com/reports/30/49867/?cmd=1

That was the only hint that this was spyware. I uninstalled PowerDVD and had no other problem (no phoning home).

I wish Spybot S&D had caught it.

OK... I messed up. This is not spyware at all, but my web host hosting their mail on a questionable server.

Sorry for the confusion.

tashi
2008-07-08, 09:26
No problem dldeskins, thank you for letting us know. :)