PDA

View Full Version : Infection or not?

amigan_1
2008-07-04, 00:46
Hi All,

Not sure that my laptop is infected or not.

Monday, I ran the full gamut of anti-malware programs I use initially.

I did a full system scan with AVG Free 8.xx. It gave me a warning list. This included even SpywareBlaster and a few listings of Virtumonde, Vundu, and Vundo, etc., and some others. It did not state that I had any real infection, though. All the warnings were associated with Internet Explorer.

I deleted all those files.

When I then ran Ad-Aware SE and Spybot S&D, they came up with nothing. They each stated that my system was clean.

Meanwhile, I have not had any difficulties with using my laptop. I do not get hijacked to sites I never intended to visit.

So the big questions are, "Is there an infection in my laptop? Should I go through any of the procedures done when an infection is reported?"

Any suggestions? BTW, I think I will see what Kaspersky.com's scan says, anyway.

Thanks, in advance.

Regards,

Julian.

amigan_1
2008-07-06, 04:38
Hi All,

I ran the Kaspersky scan which showed no infections. In fact, when I ran my AVG Free 8.x, it stated I had nothing wrong; as did Ad-Aware SE, and Spybot S&D.

Since nothing has been happening weird, I guess I just panicked.

At least I know that should I have a problem again, I can turn to this group of people for help.

Kindest regards,

Julian.