PDA

View Full Version : Hupigon-13101 alias Packer.Krunchy.A - dangerous?

RiceTea
2008-07-08, 13:21
I found 1 exe-file infected with Hupigon-13101. Unfortunately, I did run this infected program a couple of times. Now my obvious question is whether the security of my system is compromised. Spybot scans as well as the antivirus freeware AVG found nothing (just some tracking cookies). Am I clean?

RiceTea
2008-07-09, 00:18
By now I scanned my potentially troubled PCs also with Malwarebyte´s Anti-Malware. The system is clean. In other words, Hupigon-13101 (Packer.Krunchy.A) appear to be harmless.

tashi
2008-07-09, 02:39
Hello Rice Tea,

In other words, Hupigon-13101 (Packer.Krunchy.A) appear to be harmless.

I wouldn't go that far, have you been using torrents, P2P?

.Am I clean?

That would be guessing. ;)

"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

If you choose to follow that procedure, please start a new topic and copy/paste the HJT log into it for a helper to analyse when available.

Regards.

RiceTea
2008-07-09, 10:30
Thanks for your reply. I´m a total newbie to these viral/trojan issues as I work usually on Mac systems. Anyhow, I will try to proceed as suggested - if I can figure out how to do it I will post the results. Of note, one of the potentially affected PCs had McAfee Antivirus installed, which obviously didn´t ring a bell. And yes, this possible infection came in via P2P, I suppose my level of naivety was just asking for punishment :-)))