PDA

View Full Version : cannot get the Tea Time problem to work

homeport
2006-03-18, 18:35
I just installed the S&D 1.4. I followed the directions of Sticky "Solution to fix the pop-ups in Tea Timer" and did the Compile. I went back and checked the code and found that the "190" is now in the TeaTimer.exe. However, the pop-up still shows the problem. What do I do now?
Thanks

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-18, 18:41
Did you exit and restart TeaTimer?
Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
TeaTimer closes.

Restart TeaTimer:
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

homeport
2006-03-18, 18:45
Worked! Thanks very much.

TheGman143
2006-03-19, 23:50
I was clearing a bunch of spyware and junk out of a PC... I accidentally allowed a couple of things, and disallowed a couple of others that should not have been done. How can i edit the blacklist/whitelist to correct this problem?

Also I noticed that on some machines, the little popup box that comes up to allow/disallow actions is messed up... the "remember this decision" bar is directly across the buttons, so you have to click on the edge of the button to hit it. Is this a known issue, or just something isolated?

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-20, 00:14
TheGman143:

It is a know issue!

There is currently a bug in TeaTimer 1.4. Portions of TeaTimer's popup dialog overlay the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons. On my system the very top edges of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing and I am still able to select the options. I also can check "Remember this decision" since it is visible. If no portion of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing, you can answer TeaTimer's popup dialog (English language version) by pressing "A" on your keyboard for "Allow change" or "D" for "Deny change". If you close the dialog without answering "Allow change" or "Deny change" the registry change is denied. Note that if you close the popup dialog without answering it the registry change will be denied.

If you can't deal with the problem that way until it is fixed, you can:
Apply one of the workarounds found in the following pinned (Sticky) thread that fixes the pop-up dialog so the buttons are visible:
Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122
Disable TeaTimer as follows:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
Uncheck the following:Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.