PDA

View Full Version : RESIDENT(teatimer?) blocking everything HELP!

Bedouin
2008-07-10, 14:01
I have Spybot 1.5.2, however this "Resident" (teatimer?) is preventing so-called "popups" when I WANT them and I cannot find a way to prevent it. I can't work like this - can anyone inform me what to do or to whom to address this preblem?
Thanks

guarte
2008-07-10, 14:06
Try a right click on the thingy doddle down in the right hand corner of the screen, then put the cursor on 'Resident IE', then if 'Use Resident in IE Sessions' has a check mark next to it .... left click it.

md usa spybot fan
2008-07-10, 14:32
Bedouin:

Please clarify. Are you talking about "popups" being blocked in Internet Explorer? If so what "popups" are being blocked?

If the blocking is occurring in Internet Explorer then the cause could be caused by Spybot's resident SDHelper Browser Helper Object.

Terminator
2008-07-10, 19:07
You are also using an out of date version of spybot, please uninstall your current version and install Spybot 1.6.

drragostea
2008-07-10, 21:24
@Terminator... it sounds a bit too harsh, maybe? To call v.1.5.2.20 a out-of-date Spybot. Lols, it's still supported. I think you mean 'dated'. Although I'm not sure how upgrading might resolve the problem.

Spybot-SD 1.2 would be "outdated".

@Bed, I think you mean Spybot-SD's Resident IE Shield, SDHELPER.

2008-07-10, 22:36
And if teatimer (spybot resident)
Seems to be to confusing for you, i recommend disabling it.

To disable teatimer (spybots resident) =>

Open spybot, then click mode-advanced mode. Choose yes. Go to settings, then click resident. uncheck teatimer (spybots resident) protection over all systems active. Teatimer will be disabled, but you will still be protected in Internet explorer from bad downloads. =] Hope that helps!!

(Teatimer is the thing asking allow or deny)