PDA

View Full Version : Question about multiple programs

cunxray
2008-07-11, 22:18
Can you run Spybot S&D, AVG antivirius, Comodo, Windows Defender on the same machine? I also have Regcure, but after reading your article on red cleaners I am going to uninstall it. How do you do a clean uninstall of RegCure? Thanks for your advice you guys are super.

2008-07-11, 22:20
you can!! Rule of thumb is: one antiviruis, one firewall, but you can have many antispyware programs as long as they all don't have Shields. If they do, run them all and if you have problems, adjust your settings accordingly. You should be fine though. :welcome: to the forums!!

by the way, you can just use add/remove programs in control panel to remove the registry cleaner. =]

cunxray
2008-07-11, 22:36
Thanks for the reply. You stated that I should be fine, but I have a post in the Malware forum. I found a Smitfraud troian last night and I'm still waiting on a reply. I learned several things last night by reading the articles in the forums and feel great about being registered on this site. Maybe my postings can help someone else and thanks for all you do to help us. I will be making donations to your site, because I can see that you guys are helping alot of people.

2008-07-11, 22:38
I am a volunteer helper, I do not work for spybot, but I am a volunteer helper for there forums, as i know alot about the software. Thanks so much for your donation!! I hope you get a reply soon to your malware thread!! =] Good luck!!

cunxray's malware thread:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30768

drragostea
2008-07-12, 00:07
I am a volunteer helper, I do not work for spybot, but I am a volunteer helper for there forums, as i know alot about the software.

Bump. :P

As 129260 mentioned, welcome to SaferNetworking Forums. A great place to ask questions and receive answers.

The SmitFraud trojan can be quite a pain, as it may induce pop-ups and install... rogue malware programs.

No worries. A Malware Fighter will get you cleaned up ASAP. But just a note... on weekends, it is especially busy in the Malware Forums, so don't be expected to receive a answer so quickly.

cunxray
2008-07-12, 05:30
Thanks for the welcome drragostea. I will be patient, it just seems everyone else is getting replys. If Smitfraud, is a difficult bug, maybe everyone is avoiding me. I feel certain you guys are willing and capable of victory.

2008-07-12, 05:34
a reply soon. I know it :) I'm sure you will get a reply soon!!

2008-07-12, 23:13
you have a reply in your malware forum!