PDA

View Full Version : Need some help please!

HHHVixen
2008-07-12, 06:51
I was having the same problem as this user was and it was addressed in this thread:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=9828

thats when I googled and found this forum :) Well I followed the advice and got rid of the error message but after that I couldn't find a working link for the Kaspersky Online Scanner so I could finish the advice completely as told in that thread. So i'm looking for that and as I'm typing this I'm having another problem...neverending popups!! on my toolbar it says its blocking but obviously it isn't!

I used search & destroy and it fixed some problems but others (i think 6) it couldn't saying that they were being used by my memory and that i may be able to clean them when I reboot and scan again...tried that three times and still nothing...its driving me nuts!!

Please any advice to help! I'm desperate here as I used this computer for work and hope to get this fixed. (while typing 9 popups have come up so I need any help plz!!)

Thank you!! Clare

HHHVixen
2008-07-12, 07:11
I'm having the same problem as acarver as in

"whenever I open Internet Explorer, many different random junk advertisements are constantly popping up in new Internet Explorer windows. And occassionally, I will also get scam warnings from bogus sites that say that my computer is infected and I need to click on their link to fix the problems."

I just tried to get a log to post here but when I click the hijack icon it does nothing...doesn't open whereas this afternoon it did work!!

Just wanted to update my original post. Thank you!

HHHVixen
2008-07-13, 05:20
When I click the Hijack this icon and the search and destroy icon the little timeclock appears for 1 second and then it goes back to the cursor. Like I never even clicked them. I tried to uninstall Hijack but when I click change/remove it just blinks and then stays the same not allowing me to uninstall.

Just want to keep you updated with what i'm going through so I can get help! Thankyou!