PDA

View Full Version : IE doesn't work

haralein
2006-03-19, 13:45
Hello!

i'm not sure if my problem is caused by spybot, but i think so!

my internet connection works only for a few seconds, then i have to reconnect....

what i noticed: as long as the autmatic updater of ANTIVIR runs, my internet connection also works! i don't know why

i have
windows 2000
spybot 1.4
update 2006-03-10

i have already set back the operations i have done with spybot, but the internet still doesn't work! i also searched for viruses, but nothing!

i hope somebody can help me

haralein

pilotart
2006-03-19, 21:23
With the recent (15 March) AntiVir UpDate to Build 143, some have reported
this connection termination occuring.

Open Configuration Panel and place a check in the box next to "Expert mode" and tree below will expand
to add "General" , click the [+] and then the word 'Update' and there should be
a dot in the radio button in Download via Internet.

Now click the [+] by Update and then the words 'Web server'.

My setup (default from installation) has a dot in the radio button "Use existing connection (network)"
and I have never had any problem, it does its update when I connect to the internet
through my Internet Service Provider via DialUp and never 'terminates'.

Again, this is my default setup, no dot on "Use the following connection:"
but it does list my Internet Service Provider in the box below with "User and Password" empty.

Below "User" my default shows a check in the [ ] Terminate a dial-up connection that was set up for the update and to change that,
you would need to first 'dot' the "Use the following connection:" to make it active and then remove that check.

I have never changed any of the above from default, yours may be different if install was for cablemodem or DSL,
I do recall that the old AntiVir 6 would put up a "We are going to Terminate, if you don't click this..."
on every (manual) Update, no matter the settings.

It would be great, if AVIRA would create a WebSite to provide "Expert" Knowledge
on each and every dot and check on that Configuration page.