PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to 1.6

The_Flying_Scot
2008-07-13, 04:16
I am considering upgrading from 1.5.2 to 1.6. Can anyone tell me are there any major issues with 1.6?

Is it recommended that I first uninstall 1.5.2 before installing 1.6?

Thanks

The_Flying_Scot

2008-07-13, 04:59
any issues so far with version 1.6 Many users have upgraded and are experiencing no problems. I myself have experienced no issues, along with other members. There are many advantages of upgrading. see/click here (http://www.spybot.info/en/news/index.html)

You may install 1.6 over another version, however it is highly recommended that you uninstall spybot before upgrading to the latest version for the best possible experience. :bigthumb:

wyrmrider
2008-07-13, 05:15
The senior member speaks to my condition

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html
if you have upgraded in the past and find several Spybot entries in Add-Remove Programs remove them all

in a perfect world installing over the top of 1.5 works fine
however if something goes wrong- one of which I mentioned above
well-- uninstall

only gotcha I ave seen is it might be necessary to remove spybot from your firewall and redoo the acceptance

let us know how it goes
positive experience for most and much faster scan time
on my system it found something ( a fragment) from 2004!
if you do get any hits on your first or any other scan do not delete
quarantine and post here
with spybot , your AV, any other scanner
removing a false positive can ruin your day if it turns out to be an essential file- can happen with any and all Anti malware product
The bad guys try and make their packages mimic legit files as close as possible to escape detection- so accidents CAN happen

to wordy but ...

em1500uk
2008-08-10, 19:05
With upgrading, do you need to do this, "If you want to completely get rid of Spybot-S&D and the Add/Remove does not help, you can delete the installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\), then download this very small fix and execute it (important! - this will remove all remains from the registry)", or can you just remove the older version through Add/Remove Programs and just install the newer version, then clean the registry with CCleaner afterwards?

2008-08-10, 19:51
ether way should be fine. As long as spybot is removed before installing latest version. :)