PDA

View Full Version : total NEWB question (sorry)

jdotoliver
2008-07-13, 18:34
I just used S&D to fix a virtumonde problem..Now I keep getting this pop up asking me to allow or deny a change, which is ok, but this one seems confusing. it states "spybot deleting A7628" so is that Spybot trying to remedy the problem I had, or is that some malware trying to get into my system again? I have been to their site, read teh tutorials, the FAQ's, etc and nowhere does it "interpret" this...ANY advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, all!

Tom.K
2008-07-13, 20:13
I just used S&D to fix a virtumonde problem..Now I keep getting this pop up asking me to allow or deny a change, which is ok, but this one seems confusing. it states "spybot deleting A7628" so is that Spybot trying to remedy the problem I had, or is that some malware trying to get into my system again? I have been to their site, read teh tutorials, the FAQ's, etc and nowhere does it "interpret" this...ANY advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, all!
That's a startup entry made by spybot. You can allow this entry. When spybot fails fixing a problem, it will create a startup entry which will fix problem on next startup. The command of "spybot deleting" should be something like this (for example): command /c /del C:/Folder/File.exe