PDA

View Full Version : Windows Security Center - Spybot Out of date?

stevebow
2008-07-13, 19:11
No big dramas on this one, but I have just run Spybot (1.6.0) on my system (Vista x64) which gave my system a green light. However I notice in Windows Security Center that it is complaining that Spybot is Out of date. Which it isn't, as I checked for updates before running the sweep.

Is there something amiss somewhere?

2008-07-14, 01:09
you first experience this problem? Also, you can just ignore the warning as long as you know you have it up to date. Otherwise, i really do not know why it is telling you it is out of date. Maybe a team member can offer a better solution.

stevebow
2008-07-14, 18:16
I've just clean installed Ultimate x64 and only noticed it because I was reconfiguring things. It may have been there with my previous Home Premium x86 install but I hadn't noticed it.

I'm not too concerned because I know it's all up-to-date, but I thought I'd mention it anyway as I have just come across it, and I guess this ought to be reported correctly in WSC.

Also, the Update button remains grayed out when I select the "out of date" Spybot in WSC.

2008-07-14, 21:30
Where did you download spybot from? The official site? And then did you try completely removing spybot and reinstalling the latest version? That might solve the problem.

Note: complete removal means following all directions here:

http://www.spybot.info/en/howto/uninstall.html