PDA

View Full Version : TeaTimer Hi CPU Usage w/1.6.0

vxrol
2008-07-13, 22:47
Any update on hi cpu usage w/ TeaTimer and 1.6.0?

I have 1.6.0 on 4 different xp boxes and all have same issue. TeaTimer CPU spikes to 50% when opening new IE7 browser sessions. Also constant 1-2% cpu TeaTimer usage when idle.

This may not be problem with newer dual/quad core systems, but on P3 systems and older P4 systems this is a problem.

2008-07-14, 01:26
notice high spikes that occur for a very short time but then they go down again. For some reason you and 2 other people are experiencing this issue where it stays that way. Did you perhaps upgrade without uninstalling the older spybot first? just wondering.

vxrol
2008-07-14, 04:32
The high cpu utilization (50-90%) in TeaTimer lasts about 8-10seconds when I first open a IE7 browser session. CPU utilization will spike (50-90%) if any new IE7 browser session is opened. Opening new tabs within a browser session does not do this, nor do new url's in a session. CPU spike is highest with the P3 system (+90% cpu) and causes the system to freeze up for about 10 seconds. Once TeaTimer settles down at idle it runs constantly at 1-2% cpu.

Sorry if I was not clear in the original post. This is reproducible in 4 different systems I have with XP SP3. In the dual core system cpu spikes at about 50% for only a few seconds when IE7 browser is first opened.

Greyfox
2008-07-14, 04:43
There are at least three separate threads on this subject now - perhaps the forum moderator could look at combining them.

As it stands it appears that most XP users are experiencing what seems like unwarranted periods of sustained CPU activity when Teatimer is actived and also possible growth in the amount of memory used by Teatimer when the PC is run for long periods of time (leakage?).

Basically I think we are all now waiting for some official response on this subject.

tashi
2008-07-15, 16:34
There are at least three separate threads on this subject now - perhaps the forum moderator could look at combining them.

Hi there, It might be best if people post similar inquiries/problems into the same topic rather than starting new threads. :)

If all topics are merged it may scramble the timing of posts and responses.

Everyone please see TeaTimer CPU load after startup thoughts. (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30994)