PDA

View Full Version : Removing the "legal stuff" prompt

Dittohead
2005-10-22, 03:23
I'm working on a script that installs and runs CCleaner and SpyBot silently but it seems that I still have to give input to spybot for the "legal stuff" box that shows up on first run.

If you remove ad robots with this program, you may not be allowed to continue using their host programs. Read their license agreements for further information.

Since I'll be deploying this to a good number of computers I've the experience and understanding of the what the application does. Is there anyway to remove this dialog box via a commandline switch?

Thanks for he help!

PepiMK
2005-10-24, 17:27
Not sure what kind your good number of computers is, but our Intranet Update Server documentation shows a way - it's possible through a central configuration file that has this option disabled, for example.

masonje
2005-12-01, 06:05
Has any one figured this out? I'm trying to setup an auto setup and run, but that "Legal stuff" message keeps getting in my way. Is it a registry setting? INI? I created an MSI out of SB and creating an MST would be quite easy to make the changes to the MSI. I'm using AutoIT to run much of the setup, but the way SB runs it's a different kind of window and AutoIT can't read the screens like it should.

VertigoRay
2007-01-26, 22:53
When setting up the scheduled task, use /taskbarhide switch to prevent that message frfom popping up. My entire run field in scheduled task is:

C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SpybotSD.exe /taskbarhide /allhives /autoupdate /autocheck /autofix /autoimmunize /autoclose

This should help you with the rest of your command line questions:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

I know this is an old post, but I've benn looking for a fix for this same issue and figured I would document it appropriately.

thenamelessthing
2007-12-04, 21:17
I tried to create a portable version of spybot 1.5 on my usb stick.

I tried to create a batch file who start spybot with these switch

/taskbarhide /allhives /autoupdate /autocheck /autofix /autoimmunize /autoclose

But when I run spybot for the first time on a computer the "Legal stuff" message box always appear. It is possible to disable this message box? or in wich registry key is used when I check the "don't show again" ?

Stianoh
2007-12-05, 10:28
i have the same problem.. cant find anything in the registry

PepiMK
2007-12-05, 10:54
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Configuration.ini, section [Main], entry Legals=1 :)

Yep, that's on the local computer...

For a usb stick version, search the forum for Portable.ini...

Keep in mind though that message is intentionally shown on computers where it hasn't been accepted ;)

thenamelessthing
2007-12-11, 22:07
Hi! Here is the step I have try.

#1. I have installed Spybot on a clean computer and I run it once.
#2. I copied the spybot directory on my usb stick and the configuration.ini created in the all users/spybot directory.

#3. I exported the safer-networking registry key (HKCU and the HKLM) into 2 .reg files. I put these file on my usb stick too.

#4. On a second computer (where spybot is not installed) I import the 2 .reg and I put the configuration.ini (in that file Legals=1) into the same path (documents and settings/all users/application data/spybot/...)

#5. When I launch spybotsd.exe in command line with these switch /autoimmune /autocheck /autofix etc The Legal stuff always prompt!! Do you know where It disable this box? it is in a hidden registry key? Or in another file?

Thanks

md usa spybot fan
2007-12-11, 22:27
#4. On a second computer (where spybot is not installed) I import the 2 .reg and I put the configuration.ini (in that file Legals=1) into the same path (documents and settings/all users/application data/spybot/...)
It is not "documents and settings/all users/application data/spybot/...".

The Configuration.ini file is normally stored in one of the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy

thenamelessthing
2007-12-11, 23:00
Sorry i know... I only write the wrong directory in my topic.

It's in the good directory.

Any idea?

PepiMK
2007-12-12, 16:43
Without the copied Configuration.ini, you could also use a Default configuration.ini inside the main application path.

Or wait for 1.5.1.19, which has a new option in Portable.ini where you can manually set up any path for the data files.

thenamelessthing
2007-12-12, 17:30
Do you have any idea when it will be released? It this a question of weeks or month?

Thanks a lot for your works

PepiMK
2007-12-12, 17:56
Oh, I still plan it for this year. Means this month ;)
Should start my christmas present threads in the beta forum ;)

thenamelessthing
2007-12-12, 18:11
Haha good to hear that!

thenamelessthing
2007-12-17, 19:49
Hi! Can you put the link to the topic who is the version of spybot that fix the problem?

spybotsandra
2007-12-18, 13:14
Hello,

The :santa: thread is here:
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=12
But the new version is not out yet.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

VertigoRay
2008-11-17, 20:21
As a Quicky Reference, here's the wiki info on the Legals ini setting: