PDA

View Full Version : Computer has been taken over

webcombo
2008-07-15, 21:14
I am working on my brothers E-machines and he seemed to have gotten some sort of a trojan/worm/virus of sort. In the bottom right next to the time says VIRUS ALERT! It also has made the C: drive disappear from My Computer, along with lots of pop ups about virus warnings. It will not let me install Spybot Search and Destroy. When I run a Hijack this report it won't allow me to save the report in Notepad. Microsoft says that it is closing down in order to keep it safe. And when I try to upload the file, it just closes down HiJack this. If I try to go to Avast's webpage, it says that the page cannot be displayed. I have tried cleaning things up, using Ad Aware 2008 and Spyware Blaster, but it just didn't seem to do anything. The backgroud is a dark blue for the wallpaper and the Control Panel is gone. I know that things exist, cause I can get to them through workarounds. I am hoping that someone might be able to help.

Because not being able to create the .txt report, I only have 2 screen shots. Is there any way I can get these in here somewhere. I tried to attach them, but they need to be too small in order to comply, and nobody would be able to read them. So I have a hijack this report, in summary, and want to see if I can get some help from any of you kind people that I really appreciate!!!!

Thanks in advance for your time.

Blade81
2008-07-20, 14:03
Hi

Download ATF (Atribune Temp File) Cleaner© by Atribune (http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=1) to your desktop.

Double-click ATF Cleaner.exe to open it

Under Main choose:
Windows Temp
Current User Temp
All Users Temp
Cookies
Temporary Internet Files
Prefetch
Java Cache
*The other boxes are optional*
Then click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox:
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

If you use Opera:
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe) to your desktop.

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be found here: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Please post contents of that file & a fresh hjt log in your next reply.