PDA

View Full Version : Error during check!: Virtumonde in Spybot 1.6

gifferjesus
2008-07-16, 07:11
I get the error about halfway during a scan on my pc.

Error during check!: Virtumonde [66 - $BD8BE15E] (TRegExpr(exec): Not Assigned Expression Property) ()

Congratulations!: No immediate threats were found. ()

--- Spybot - Search & Destroy version: 1.6.0 (build: 20080707) ---

Whether or not it means it found the trojan and can't process it, or it's some kind of simple error, I have no idea. Is it JUST a spybot bug, or need I be concerned about both a bug and an infection, in which case I also post in the malware forum?

Yodama
2008-07-16, 09:05
Hello,

does this error also occur on a subsequent scan?
This error relates to the internal processing of the scan, it does not mean that virtumonde has been found on your computer.

wyrmrider
2008-07-16, 16:36
Does it happen in a safe mode scan?
try it after today's update

gifferjesus
2008-07-17, 00:36
Hello,

does this error also occur on a subsequent scan?
This error relates to the internal processing of the scan, it does not mean that virtumonde has been found on your computer.

So far, it happened on every "not" safe mode scan.

Does it happen in a safe mode scan?
try it after today's update

I did the scan first in normal windows after update to test it, to be sure if it would replicate it self one time time. It did, so I tried safe mode next.

The same applies. The error repeats itself after update AND in safe mode.

gifferjesus
2008-07-21, 04:50
So, no clue how to resolve this?

Yodama
2008-07-21, 07:21
Which operating system and language are you using?
Do you have special software attached to the explorer, such as another security software or tool bar?

Please create a complete Spybot S&D report by right clicking the scan results screen and selecting to save a full report to file. Send this report file to detections@spybot.info with a reference to this thread.

gifferjesus
2008-07-22, 07:33
Which operating system and language are you using?
Do you have special software attached to the explorer, such as another security software or tool bar?

Please create a complete Spybot S&D report by right clicking the scan results screen and selecting to save a full report to file. Send this report file to detections@spybot.info with a reference to this thread.

English (US), Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I believe Eraser and Nod32 3.0 are attached to the explorer context menu, nothing else I'm aware of.

The report will be coming along shortly to that address, thank you.