PDA

View Full Version : spybot wont immunize

mark5019
2008-07-16, 16:56

7/16/08
updates.

i uninstalled no good still not immunize, un checked all same rechecked same no go

xp home virus free maleware free

spybotsandra
2008-07-16, 17:01
Hello,

Which browser do you use?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

mark5019
2008-07-16, 17:50
firefox3 ie7

it finally did work after 4 mins roughly

i know its free but

wyrmrider
2008-07-16, 20:06
did you close your browsers
if no one else comes with any ideas
just update and reimmunize once a week- Wednasdays like TODAY
a small price to pay for the protection

mark5019
2008-07-17, 01:07
i didnt have any browsers open and today was the day i did it:)

drragostea
2008-07-17, 01:15
Hi, Mark.

Do you use a firewall? If so, what is the brand (ZoneAlarm, Comodo, Sygate, etc.)? Also, do you happen to use Webroot's SpySweeper?

Do you happen to use any software that might 'lock down' the HOSTS file?

Greyfox
2008-07-17, 02:08

7/16/08
updates.

i uninstalled no good still not immunize, un checked all same rechecked same no go

xp home virus free maleware free

So are you saying no items at all were being immunised, or was it only some that didn't immunise. If this is the case which items were not being immunised specifically. Some items relate to the browsers, some to the host files, etc. If you provide some more information including what version of Spybot you are using, whether you have an other spyware detection programs installed, what antivirus software and what firewall software you may get more relevant answers.

mark5019
2008-07-17, 03:24
So are you saying no items at all were being immunised, or was it only some that didn't immunise. If this is the case which items were not being immunised specifically. Some items relate to the browsers, some to the host files, etc. If you provide some more information including what version of Spybot you are using, whether you have an other spyware detection programs installed, what antivirus software and what firewall software you may get more relevant answers.

7/16/08
updates.

mcafee system suit and malearebytes

it halfway immunizes fast then drags on finally finishes
last week did same with za free and avg redid comp as the new ms updates screwed me up this is a fresh format install see attached for imunized page

mark5019
2008-07-17, 03:31
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/mark5019/th_spybot2.jpg (http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/mark5019/spybot2.jpg)

drragostea
2008-07-17, 04:39
mark, what seems to be the problem? From your screenshot, it looks like you immunized completely.

Is there a option in McAfee Security Suite that 'locks down' the HOSTS file? By this I mean like making it as a 'read as' or preventing it from any editing or change.

As for MBAM, I don't think it might be conflicting.

mark5019
2008-07-17, 06:24
yes it did imunize but should it take 4 mins to do that?

drragostea
2008-07-17, 06:57
Is there a option in McAfee Security Suite that 'locks down' the HOSTS file? By this I mean like making it as a 'read as' or preventing it from any editing or change.

Can you answer this question?

4 minutes is too long.

You seem to have IE7, so that's good. What version is Firefox?

mark5019
2008-07-17, 14:59
Can you answer this question?

4 minutes is too long.

You seem to have IE7, so that's good. What version is Firefox?

i mainly use ff3 and as to mcafee i dont see where it does have a firewall
before this new version it was a second or so not this long

ahitch
2008-07-17, 21:17
I just had an odd occurrence and figured this might be an appropriate place to put it. If not, I apologize

I upgraded to 1.6, did an immunization, and came up with something like 26,000 (I don’t remember the exact number) unprotected. When I checked, it was the “Netscape v6 or later” section that wouldn’t protect anything. The funny part is that I had un-installed Netscape some time ago.

Eventually, I found two old Netscape folders under the “Application Data” and “local settings\application data” folders of my profile, apparently left over from the old installation. After deleting those folders, there were “0 unprotected”.

I know this doesn't exactly match this thread, but I figure the search engines may pick this one if someone does a search on immunization and such.

Hope this helps someone.

Regards

drragostea
2008-07-18, 01:45
Yes, I recall that deleting the application folder of the browser of the user on the computer may result it being removed from the immunization process.

Immunization for me takes a while too, although I cannot figure out why. However, it's not four minutes.

Hm. Does WinPatrol detect a change in the HOSTS file after immunization?

Also, doesn't McAfee Security Suite come with all-in-one anti-virus/spyware and a firewall?