PDA

View Full Version : Help! Trying to repair Hellz aftermath

Buzzybeej
2008-07-17, 00:25
I have read as much on here and other sites as I can about the problems created by using an old version of Spybot to delete false positives, specifically Hellzlittlespy. So far nothing has helped to answer my questions.

As I had no access to my computer at all, I did not look at any of the recommended solutions before trying to figure out how to log on to windows. Somehow a friend with a computer and I (on the phone) managed to get me back on windows. We did this, I think, by somehow creating a new user. Now that I can log back on to Windows, I am experiencing several problems. If anyone could help with these I would greatly appreciate it.

First, I have been able to access my old files (docs, pics, music, etc) by copying my user profile settings from my old user, but this does not allow me to access most programs that I had installed. Upon trying to reinstall some of these, I run into problem #2. The windows installer seems to be broken. The error says that the windows installer cannot be accessed or could be installed improperly. Problem #3 is that I cannot seem to access most things in my control panel, nor are any of my programs listed in the Add/Remove Programs.

These are the things causing me the most hassle as I cannot access important programs I need daily nor can I reinstall them. Ideally, I would like to be able to somehow revert to my previous user either by accessing it directly or by restoring my system to an earlier time. Any suggestions are welcome.