PDA

View Full Version : Virus Alert in taskbar... Impossible to run anything security related

mariogarcia
2008-07-17, 09:05
Hello
i searched these forums. i got a computer that has virus alert in taskbar, and the wallpaper was changed to a message saying that it is infected with malware; the c,d drives are gone. when i try to launch Firefox it gets killed automatically, internet explorer launch but it shows only sites he wants to. access to any security site such as this one is disabled.. says that access has been blocked due to a serious threat. any website or tool that has security related doesn't launch, (spybot, etc)
hjt launches but the notepad log gets killed straight away saying that windows closes it because it is a threat.i can only access the internet from other computer and try to find a solution. i can run hjt in safe mode and set it in a usb key and post it here but the other things like combofix, don't run. i watch process explorer. it launches and get killed immediately
if anyone can give hints to remove this. it is not my computer it from someone that has no antispyware, only bitdefender anti virus.

Blade81
2008-07-21, 22:18
i can run hjt in safe mode and set it in a usb key and post it here
Even a log from safe mode might help to get some picture of the situation. Could you post it?